YAYYYY...full liquids today FINALLY!!!

vix

Well, for those struggling on the clear liquid diet, you can do it since I just did! Today is one week exactly since my surgery and I finally am able to have the full liquids. I found out yesterday that I could have started yogurt on day 4, but I didn't and decided I would go ahead and make it through with the clear liquids for the entire 7 days. Yes, it was difficult, but more boring than anything because I am an emotional eater. I also waited until this morning to weigh myself for the first time since surgery and lost 4#. I know that 4# certainly isn't a lot, but it's A-OK with me! (I have only had one BM in the last 13 days, so that probably has a bit to do with it...lol). My biggest problem is the danged left shoulder blade pain and it's definitely BAD! I felt great the first 6 days and then yesterday this came on me. But, interestingly, it goes away when I lay down...so at least I know it's an air bubble.

I'll survive...just wanted to let everyone know who are getting close to surgery what my experience has been. :P

yay!!!!!!!!!! this is my day 7 as well!! Ok so now I feel better about moving myself to full liquids....Im going to buy slimfast today as soon as I get home....as for the gas bubble I too am suffering bad on my left side. I had my first BM on tuesday. Any suggestions on what I can consume while on the full liquids????

You made it!!! Now make sure you buy or make yourself some really yummy creamy soups.

My favourite was cream of potato mixed with cream of cheddar spiced up with onion and garlic seasoning. I ate that almost every day and loved it!! It's thick enough to really stick to your bones!!

Enjoy!

You made it!!! Now make sure you buy or make yourself some really yummy creamy soups.

My favourite was cream of potato mixed with cream of cheddar spiced up with onion and garlic seasoning. I ate that almost every day and loved it!! It's thick enough to really stick to your bones!!

Enjoy!

Cathy, you mentioned this mix of soups a while back and I took note for when I was on the post-op. LOVE LOVE LOVE the cream of potatoe mixed with the cheddar. I didn't add the onion and garlic, so now I am going to add that and I am sure it will be even better. I little taste of heaven after 7 days on clear liquids. Thanks

Vix, 4 Pounds!!!! I think that's terrific. Don't undersell yourself. 4 pounds is 4 pounds and it took work, pain, sacrifice and effort to get rid of it. I think to lose an additional 4 pounds in the first week of post-op is awesome. Plus, you have a much lower starting weight, so losing weight is slower than girls like myself. You should be really proud of yourself. I have not weighed myself. I weighed right when I got home and was up 3 pounds. That dampened my spirits enough to scare me away from the scale, even though it's normal to have gained a few pounds due to the surgery. Now I am afraid to look although I know I should. I am sure that I will in the next few days. Just don't want to be disappointed. But way to go girl.