4th Fill Report, 6 month Bikini Pic

Here is my most recent before and after, with the band I have lost 50lbs in 6months:

newba.jpg

I just had my 4th fill on Friday and found out that my port is detached on one side also known as a "tilted port"... During my last fill my doc had a little bit of a hard time accessing my port but it was no big deal... This time when he felt my port he said that he thought my port was tilted which was exactly what I thought because it feels kind of pointed, like it doesn't feel flat like the top of a quarter.... Luckily he could still fill me, I had my original 2.35 and he added .15 so now I am at 2.6ccs.

My doctor said he has never had a Dr. Ortiz patient with a detached port so I don't know if this happened because I overexerted myself at some point or if all the poking from the last fill maybe dislodged it or something but if I look at this pic of my 1st fill on April 17th-

l_280221694fc7516024fc1b88b975e5bc.jpg

Notice how the needle is straight up and down?? That's how it should be!! So sometime in the last 3.5 months the right side of my port detached so it is still attached on the left and if you were to take that same picture during this fill the needle would be 30* leaning towards the left (my right if I'm looking at my belly).

So I guess that's the update, so far no difference in my eating after the fill but I have PB'd a few times on really cold liquids... Pretty weird I can eat the same amount but that drinks are bothering me, maybe that means I am getting closer to my sweet spot if nothing else it means no way I can eat my weekly Blizzard (probably a good thing) so we shall see if it "kicks in" in the next week or so!!

Michelle you look wonderful.. I had a fill last wednesday, and my port is also tilted, somehow it happened

between June and now. I figure at some point I want it planted deeper so I will get it fixed then, They had

a tough time finding the flat service, My problem now I am overfilled and having a tough time trying to eat.

everything and anything gets stuck :wacko: And it is so painful.

Again you look great and thanks for posting your pictures.

DAMN GIRL!!! :lb24: :lb21: =D>

We're going to have to go dancing or something when I get to Vegas! LOL!

Awesome job. Hopefully I'll be able to get another fill soon. I don't think I've lost a single pound in 6 weeks. *sigh*

Keep u[ the great work Michelle you are gorgeous!!! What a difference 6 months and a whole lost of blood sweat and tears(?) makes. I know how hard you have worked and you can certainly see all you efforts in the bikini, no hiding anything there!!

Np about the tilted ports..I am sorry for this slight complication for both of you. It's weird how 2 of you got one and reported it within a week or so of each other. Something like this does not happen often, almost rarely I thought. I wonder what the experts say about this? My hope for each of you is that they can be taken care of if need be and it will cause you no extra pain or $$$ to do this. Yoyo I am sorry you are so miserable and not able to eat. Can you keep liquids down? I hope so. You've also come a long way so hang in there.

Guest CaraMBA09
Here is my most recent before and after, with the band I have lost 50lbs in 6months:

newba.jpg

I just had my 4th fill on Friday and found out that my port is detached on one side also known as a "tilted port"... During my last fill my doc had a little bit of a hard time accessing my port but it was no big deal... This time when he felt my port he said that he thought my port was tilted which was exactly what I thought because it feels kind of pointed, like it doesn't feel flat like the top of a quarter.... Luckily he could still fill me, I had my original 2.35 and he added .15 so now I am at 2.6ccs.

My doctor said he has never had a Dr. Ortiz patient with a detached port so I don't know if this happened because I overexerted myself at some point or if all the poking from the last fill maybe dislodged it or something but if I look at this pic of my 1st fill on April 17th-

Notice how the needle is straight up and down?? That's how it should be!! So sometime in the last 3.5 months the right side of my port detached so it is still attached on the left and if you were to take that same picture during this fill the needle would be 30* leaning towards the left (my right if I'm looking at my belly).

So I guess that's the update, so far no difference in my eating after the fill but I have PB'd a few times on really cold liquids... Pretty weird I can eat the same amount but that drinks are bothering me, maybe that means I am getting closer to my sweet spot if nothing else it means no way I can eat my weekly Blizzard (probably a good thing) so we shall see if it "kicks in" in the next week or so!!

Michelle! You look fabulous!

Question though: What is the process for fixing a tilted port? Is there a cost for this? Will OCC do it for free since it has happened very recently from surgery?

C

Michelle you look wonderful.. I had a fill last wednesday, and my port is also tilted, somehow it happened

between June and now. I figure at some point I want it planted deeper so I will get it fixed then, They had

a tough time finding the flat service, My problem now I am overfilled and having a tough time trying to eat.

everything and anything gets stuck :wacko: And it is so painful.

Again you look great and thanks for posting your pictures.

That is exactly what I am thinking, I have seen some "after" pictures from bandsters whose ports look like some sort of growth sticking out of their body because they are so thin... So when I (hopefully) get to that point I will also have them place it under the muscle so it's less visable and then it will be back to normal.

Wow!!! You look amazing, you must be so proud of yourself.

That's too bad about the port tilting, could it be because your stomach muscles are tightening up?

Keep up the great work, you are our inspiration!!

Not from what the doctor said, and honestly I haven't done much ab work at all so it's possible that lifiting boxes during moving made the sutures tear but I don't know.

Michelle! You look fabulous!

Question though: What is the process for fixing a tilted port? Is there a cost for this? Will OCC do it for free since it has happened very recently from surgery?

C

Well the OCC only covers revisions if you get all of your fills done there, and my last 2 have been done at my local fill center usa so I think that voids their policy for FREE revision. I think I can pay $500 to $700 at the OCC to get the port moved under the muscle and they would have to fully detach it so they can move it and then it would be reattached on both sides...

You look so great. I love the picture in the black blouse too. You have the most beautiful hair. Let us know what you are going to do about your port.

Barb

Thanks Barb, I actually have a hair condition called Alopecia where hormones in your body tell your hair follicles to just let go of the hair at the root which gives you bald patches... When I was in middle school I had to wear a wig for 3 years because I lost all the hair on my entire body, arms, legs, eyelashes everywhere! It hasn't flared up except for a few little patches here and there (right on my hairline in the middle of my forhead you can see where it's missing) but either the surgery or the weight loss or just bad timing has caused it to flare up again and I am losing a lot of hair really fast, so far my dermatoligist says I have lost 1/4 of the hair on my head since last December, so that's not good but I will deal with it if it all goes away again. So anyways thanks for the compliment, I have spent the last 2-3 years growing it out so hopefully it stays around!!

=D> =D>

WOW! You look AMAZING!!!

I too was wondering about the port detaching. Can you request for it to be more under the muscle BEFORE being banded or is it too much to ask for because of the weight right now and them not being able to find it?

You look soooo good, girl!!

Btw~One week you can borrow my legs and the next week I want your boobs! That way we can both have a week of a rockin' body! LOL

newba.jpg

MamaMichelle,

When I went for my first fill at the OCC, Dr. Acosta said my port was tilted. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz, and this was only six weeks post-op and I definitely didn't do anything to exert myself or move the port. Also, the port is still pretty sensitive. I don't know if that is b/c it is tilted, or same for everyone. Anyway, I thought you might want to know that at least one Dr. Ortiz patient has a tilted port, definitely from the surgery, not from any exertion.