Frusterated

I have lost only 2 pounds since starting on solid foods again. I thought I would have lost more than that. I have had 1 fill of 1cc and have no restriction. I read of others who have lost 20-30 pounds within 3 months post op. Here I am almost 2 months post op and down 16pounds post op. Maybe I should go to Tijuana for flouro and get a good fill, not this cheesy 1cc. The local doctor told me the next time it would be .5cc, in a 10cc band. I think that is not going to be enough. I have NO restriction at the moment. As a matter of fact I haven't PBed at all since the fill and before that I did it all the time. I am eating the same stuff too. Sorry to vent my friends but I am so pissed at the moment. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Trudy

That does seem low for a 10cc band (you do mean 10cc and not 10cm right? Common type but it makes a huge difference). Did they use flouro to determine the proper amount or was it blind? Fills with flouro are more precise and they can afford to be a bit more aggressive since they're keeping an eye on what's going on in there. Blind fills are best done conservatively and more often. They're also not the best situation for people getting their first fill as they require input from the patient to a large degree. If you don't know how much a fill is going to affect you then it's really nothing more than a guess.

That does seem low for a 10cc band (you do mean 10cc and not 10cm right? Common type but it makes a huge difference). Did they use flouro to determine the proper amount or was it blind? Fills with flouro are more precise and they can afford to be a bit more aggressive since they're keeping an eye on what's going on in there. Blind fills are best done conservatively and more often. They're also not the best situation for people getting their first fill as they require input from the patient to a large degree. If you don't know how much a fill is going to affect you then it's really nothing more than a guess.

It is a 10cc band. The doctor did it blind. I knew 1cc was not going to be enough in a 10cc band, but who am I, just a patient. LOL The next fill would be .5cc and I am sure that isn't going to be enough either. Maybe I should spend the $700 to go to Tijuana and have the flouro done. If it takes me another 6 visits to get me to where OCC will get me in one visit it would be the same cost anyway.

Trudy

Hi,

I just got my first fill and it was 4cc in my 10cc band. My Dr is pretty aggresive I guess. But I have lost NO weight in the past 4 weeks! So I told him how I felt- very disappointed in myself and my lack of results. He also put me back on liquids for the next 2 days.

I think you should talk with your Dr and be honest. It could only help.

Good luck!