You guys aren't gonna believe this

vix

I just got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company AND a voicemail while I was out from the bariatric office I went to here in my town saying that I was APPROVED!!! This is 10 days postop by the way where I went to OCC. I am freaking out because I can't BELIEVE that they had told me my insurance was not approved! Honestly, I am not disappointed that I had my surgery at OCC and might have done it anyway, but this is just going to really upset my husband and it makes me SO mad that they are so unorganized. I did call the office back and tell them that I'd already had it done. They seemed a bit surprised, but not as surprised as I was...

Is it just me, or do I have a right to be freaking out? I'm just so emotional about the money aspect of it ..... :lb12:

I just got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company AND a voicemail while I was out from the bariatric office I went to here in my town saying that I was APPROVED!!! This is 10 days postop by the way where I went to OCC. I am freaking out because I can't BELIEVE that they had told me my insurance was not approved! Honestly, I am not disappointed that I had my surgery at OCC and might have done it anyway, but this is just going to really upset my husband and it makes me SO mad that they are so unorganized. I did call the office back and tell them that I'd already had it done. They seemed a bit surprised, but not as surprised as I was...

Is it just me, or do I have a right to be freaking out? I'm just so emotional about the money aspect of it ..... :lb12:

That is US HealthCare for you. But, you would have had to wait 6 months right? Or did you already go through all of that?

You should see if they will reimburse you for all or part...worth a try.

Just what I was thinking....it's worth a shot to see if they will cover it at least part of it. Can't hurt!!

Thanks guys. I will check into it and see if I can get something back. I bet that the portion the insurance company would have paid the people here is more than the $8,000 that the OCC charges. Still...it just burns my butt that it even happened...grrrrr... :angry:

Guest CaraMBA09
Unbelievable :lb20: ....but maybe this fate was for the best, after all you got the best surgeon around this way!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get some sort of refund.

I would be on the phone with management discussing some form of potential reimbursement