Howdy

Hi All,

I just wanted to touch base. I had a long week and a half with dh alone in Park City, Utah. We mountain biked a lot (with a lot of whining from me because of my weight and my health) and we had lot’s of re-connecting with one another and lot’s of talk of the lap band. He agrees completely that it would be the best thing for ME/us. (I knew I'd win this battle) He has a lot of questions, which I am going to pose to Carolyn @ OCC. He really wants me to schedule ASAP and wants me to be “healed” come Feb/March so we can have some good vacation times together. I am shooting for October 10th with a couple of other people here on the board.

I want to thank every single one of you for your kind and sometimes, harsh words. You are all an awesome group of people. You all are on a special journey for yourselves and that’s what makes you all so amazing!

Thanks again,

Donna

Donna I am so happy you were able to help your husband understand how crucial this is for your successful weight loss. He is a good man to see it your way. 10/10 will be here sooner than you realize, get started today on that pre-op weight loss so it's easier and not so last minute stressful for you unless you don't have to lose any or not much.

:lb21: :lb21: :lb21: :lb24:

Congratulations Donna, that is wonderful news. You won't be dissapointed, and either will

your husband.

He will be so surprised at how the band changes your life. For Brad and I it has helped alot. I have more confidence in the bedroom and just more energy which of course makes me a more willing participant. He touches me more in the kitchen just while I cook or do anything. He was against it at first and said he loved me the way I was. I can tell you I am happy he loves me unconditionally, but it is alot more fun now. I feel we are more connected now. I hope tha is what it gives you.

Awe, thanks everyone! He knows I had a miserable time in Park City because I wasn't in shape to really mountain bike with him, but I did make an effort and wasn't completely trying to sabotage the vacation. The day after we got home, he went on bike ride with his buddies and when he came home he showed up with get this, FLOWERS. It takes an act of a holiday or anniversary for him to show up with flowers. :D

Funny thing about all this, when I canceled my appointment, I've stayed on the pre-op diet just to get used to it and I have dropped 7 lbs.

OICU812, Thanks for the offer. I know he would feel better if he was able to talk to other men and maybe see other posts from men.

Thanks again everyone!

Donna~

WooooHoooo! I am doing the happy dance for you! How exciting that he finally came around! Men know they can't tell us no for long.... LOL