Restaurants in Tijuana?

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I don't plan on going overboard on Sunday evening, but I intend on sitting down for a nice meal...no ant larvae...no cow brains, no horse, etc.

My aunt and I would like to try some nice authentic food, we don't get wonderful mexican or argentian food up here in the Pacific NW

Any one have suggestions?

Cara

There is the absolutely best authentic Mexican restaurant like 5-6 blocks from the hotel. It's a huge bright yellow building that if you ask the driver beforehand he will point it out to you, he usually points it out to everyone anyway. It is walking distance, on the same side of the street as the hotel. Now this is the best for authentic mexican and they have a huge variety of stuff that isn't "gross", just good.

Now at the Hotel though is a fabulous Italian restaurant. You go outside and can sit by the pool in the evening and again it is fabulous. You can't get the broth soups there so for that you have to eat in the restaurant in the hotel lobby after banding. I highly recommend the Italian place though, the name isn't coming to me right now but it is delicious!!

Kisses

Guest CaraMBA09
If you stay at the Lucerna, they have WONDERFUL food! My husband and I had a fantastic meal the night before. I was also able to get great chicken broth room service after surgery...hehe

Thanks for the great tips! I will keep my eagle eye out for the big yellow bldg and the italian place!

just dont go to the place across the street from the lucerna called big shark or big fish or something in spanish... it really sucked, food and service both. if you do decide to eat at the lucerna both restaurants are great and if you eat at the italian one, they will bring you broth over from the mexican one if you want it. the desserts are awesome looking at the italian one too.

I was on a pre-op diet before my Surgery, so i didnt get to enjoy any of the food ,but my husband had Dinner at the Mexican Place in the Lobby and he said it was great, they also serve broth for the day after. Good Luck with your Surgery