Anybody out there for support

GayleS

Hi Gayle..I met a woman on Monday in Dr. Ortiz' office who had the bypass and now has the band. Her name is Linda

I'm sure she can offer you alot of support.

here is another site that is very active and she is a member of

her screen name on thatsite is Linda_Weg

www.lapbandtalk.com

do a search under members and send her an email or a message. Best of Luck to you

I'm getting banded by Dr. Ortiz on Dec. 14th.  I had a gastric bypass 2-1/2 yrs. ago.  I was just wondering if there are any others out there in my boat for support.

Thanks,

Gayle

:) Hi,

A lil birdie got a hold of me and told me about your post!

I'm a Lap RNY from Dr Alan Wittgrove 5/99 and was recently banded by Dr Ortiz on 10/1/04. I can't say enough about Dr Ortiz and Dr Martinez. They're awesome!

Dr Ortiz spoke w/ me on the phone for a good 40 minutes when I was researching this. Excellent communication!!

So far, I'm down almost 30 lbs and just came back from my first fill yesterday. Life is great!

Email me!

Linda

Thank you Linda! I would love to talk to you. How much did you gain after gastric bypass? How much did you originally lose? What happened? I would love to hear your story.

Thanks for writing!! I would love to hear from others with the same experiences.

Thanks,

Gayle

• 5 months later...

Ohmygosh! I thought I was the only one out there! I had a lap RNY in 2000 and did fairly well (lost 140 lbs) but never got down as far as I was hoping. I started out at 354 and got down to 214 at my lowest. And in the last year I've slowly gained about 40 lbs back and felt like a complete and utter failure. I can't tell you how happy I am to know there are others...

Linda? If you're still around I'd LOVE to chat with you about your experience.

Thanks so much!

Tammy

• 2 months later...

:rolleyes: hi everyone, my name is skyy and i too had r n y surg back in 2002 am down 190 . not satisfied so am thinking of getting banded in a few months. any one want to chat you can im me at sexyrichbyatch through yahoo i had my r n y in houston im from texas

3 years post op

starting weight 320

present 190

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I need help. I also had an RNY in 1999 and I started at 415lbs. i went down to 189lbs. i gained back to 291 lbs. I feel like a pig. Worthless, I did get an xray . upper GI . It did show the liquid went straight through with some other problem a gastric fistula? What is up with that. To have the Surgery done in Florida it costs $ 17,000.00. I can not come up with that money. I have insurance but they do not cover any obesity surgery. I need to have a lapband done and I only have $10,000.00. If I go to mexico I was told that here in Florida that you will have a hard time finding a doctor here to take care of you for your fills. Any ideas?

Please help. I was ready to go mexico in PV to have this done . Now I do not know what to do.

Brenda Kinney

Hi Brenda

What you can do is email Don Mills at inamed and ask him for a list of Inamed Doctors in Florida...you will then have to call all of them and ask if they will take on patients from MX for aftercare. Many U.S. docs will not take on patients who were banded in MX, butthere are some outthere that will. You can also go to the Yahho groups and look for the Florida bandsters group and ask there, maybe someone there will have answers for you.

There is a member here, her names is FLfairy who was banded in MX and I know she has a Dr. in Florida who does her fills, maybe you can send her an email or a private message, search her name under the members and it shuould give you her email address

here is Don Mills email

Don.Mills@inamed.com

• 4 weeks later...

It is so wonderful to hear there are other people out there like myself. I had RNY in 1998 at the age of 18. I Started at 280lbs and went down to 175lbs. It was remarkable. However since then have regained it all and the shame that has accompanied my failure has been awful. I am looking at Dr. Ortiz for lap-band and love what I have read however I went to a doctor here in California and he was very rude, basically saying, Well you failed the RNY so there is nothing to make me believe you will succeed at lap-band. All I heard was FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE. I was heart broken and left balling. After that I am scared to talk with another doctor about having lap-band. Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar situation or what was it like talking with Dr. Ortiz and his staff???

Thank you, Kadee

I agree with Shell. I was discouraged overall about the option but my phone consult with Dr. Ortiz made my decision solid. Even at the surgery event, I was doubting this would work and I was certain I would be the one that it didn't work. I was wrong.

Call for a phone consult! Doesn't cost a thing!

• 1 year later...