possible stretched pouch

2thebeach

Hi Everybody,

I have a question for the doctor- I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 8/17/07 with a 10 cc band - I got my first fill in TJ and have had 3 more fills since. I now have 8.2 cc's total. I have lost 60 lbs and have about 60 more to lose. I have not lost any weight at all for at least 9 weeks even though I have been doing everything right - I thought 9 weeks was a long time for a plateau so I went in yesterday to see if I needed a final fill- my fill Dr uses flouro and she said I have stretched my pouch "just slightly"- (she also gave me .1 more so now i have 8.3 total.) She recommended just liquids for 5 days - little drinks at a time- and after 5 days to go back to eatung like I should except not to eat more than 1/4 cup if food at a time. She is a wonderful doctor and I trust her very much but I trust dr Ortiz even more- what does he suggest I do?

Met a gal at fill center and she said her pouched was stretched and with the help of Darlene, she got it back in good shape (she had photos!). She was VERY VERY LUCKY

Hi Everybody,

I have a question for the doctor- I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 8/17/07 with a 10 cc band - I got my first fill in TJ and have had 3 more fills since. I now have 8.2 cc's total. I have lost 60 lbs and have about 60 more to lose. I have not lost any weight at all for at least 9 weeks even though I have been doing everything right - I thought 9 weeks was a long time for a plateau so I went in yesterday to see if I needed a final fill- my fill Dr uses flouro and she said I have stretched my pouch "just slightly"- (she also gave me .1 more so now i have 8.3 total.) She recommended just liquids for 5 days - little drinks at a time- and after 5 days to go back to eatung like I should except not to eat more than 1/4 cup if food at a time. She is a wonderful doctor and I trust her very much but I trust dr Ortiz even more- what does he suggest I do?