Going to be banded

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are being banded on October 13. I read the forum everyday and have picked up some really good information from all of you.

I know that I read some ideas of what to take with you, and I can not find them now. Just need to know what to take and we will also be staying

a extra day in San Diego before we fly home. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Melissa

Dresses or very, very loose pants,

Tea Bags

Protein Packets (Special K)

Propel single serving packs

Phazyme (absolutely wouldn't go without this)

Boullion cubes to make broth in your room

Children's Meltaway Tylenol. The pain killers they give you only last a short while and you may want more.

I also took Liquid Tylenol pm. It really helped me sleep well as the hotel isn't always the quietest.

They have a little coffee pot and I would use it to heat water and make tea or broth from it. they do have broth in the dining room but it is really expensive and you can only eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup of it so it gets wasted.

small bills 1's and 5's. They give you change in pecos if you use bigger bills and then you have to find a way to spend it.

There is a little convenience store accross from the hotel and the popsicles they carried were a life saver for me.

I second the heating pad idea (thanks CottonwoodAZ) and someone had a great one about taking the packets out of top ramen noodles and using those instead of bullion cubes. I LOVE that idea! I liked the gas-x strips that disolve on your tounge. GOOD LUCK!! :)

someone had a great one about taking the packets out of top ramen noodles and using those instead of bullion cubes. I LOVE that idea!

Hmm, now thats interesting. That can't be that healthy for ya though. Ramen noodles taste way too good... that stuff HAS to be bad for ya. ;-)

Taz

Dresses or very, very loose pants,

Tea Bags

Protein Packets (Special K)

Propel single serving packs

Phazyme (absolutely wouldn't go without this)

Boullion cubes to make broth in your room

Children's Meltaway Tylenol. The pain killers they give you only last a short while and you may want more.

I also took Liquid Tylenol pm. It really helped me sleep well as the hotel isn't always the quietest.

This is a great list. Had to look up what Phazyme was though.

Thanks for sharing!

Taz

Just the FLAVORING not the noodles... :rolleyes: I hate the taste of regular bullion cubes

I got what you meant. That flavouring is tasty... because of the salt. There is so much, it isn't funny. Tastier than bullion cubes though... thats for sure. Just nowhere as healthy.

Taz