Exercise Guidelines

Lori,

If you would, would you try and get a clarification of Exercise Guidlines for us from "the top". I understand that the standard rule is 3 weeks aftter sugery to begin exercising. And then there is the 3 MONTH wait for "abdominal" exercises.

Well, very few, if any, excerises do not involve core strength muscles. Leg lifts use lower abs, Lunges use stabilizing ab muscles, push-up definately use ab muscles to hold the body straight, bench press uses abdominal muscle, actually all weight lifting , except in rare cases where you can isolate your movement to extremities only, involve ab muscles. Below is a list , could you get ballpark times from surgery for starting them?

Walking -Immediately

Biking -

Running -

Swimming -

Push-ups -

Leg lifts -

Weight lifting -

Crunches -

Sit-ups -

Thanks

Tom

Lori,

If you would, would you try and get a clarification of Exercise Guidlines for us from "the top". I understand that the standard rule is 3 weeks aftter sugery to begin exercising. And then there is the 3 MONTH wait for "abdominal" exercises.

Well, very few, if any, excerises do not involve core strength muscles. Leg lifts use lower abs, Lunges use stabilizing ab muscles, push-up definately use ab muscles to hold the body straight, bench press uses abdominal muscle, actually all weight lifting , except in rare cases where you can isolate your movement to extremities only, involve ab muscles. Below is a list , could you get ballpark times from surgery for starting them?

Walking -Immediately

Biking -

Running -

Swimming -

Push-ups -

Leg lifts -

Weight lifting -

Crunches -

Sit-ups -

Thanks

Tom

Tom - Excellent question. May I add:

Low Impact Water Aerobics

Lori,

Any news on the specific exercises mentioned above?

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I have Absolutely NO RESTRICTION, I can, but don't, eat as much as before the band. I would be ready for a fill, but I bought the plane ticket based on the 6 week recovery instead on the two week recovery I had.

I will be riding 50 miles on my bike this week, running 3 times and swimming three times....but really would like to do some weights..I go back to work next week so I don't have to sit around the house thinking about food like I have for the past 4 weeks...

I am still down 14 pounds from surgery and want to be at least 23 pounds down ( 3 pounds a week) on Oct 21st Fill One Day