Huge Milestone...before beening banded!!!

Hi all...I just have to share this. I am schedule for surgery on Oct 22. I am slowly trying to get myself into the pre-op diet. I have replaced my noon meal with a protein shake!! I don't have to start my pre-op until Oct 10, but I want to get ahead start! I have a long way to go until I am healthy.

The good news is...Sunday was my nieces 4th birthday, and she had this amazing cake that was chocolate and vanilla with this awesome icing that wasn't too sweet!! I am a chocoholic...my friends figure I could bleed chocolate one day. And......I didn't eat the whole piece!! I took a smaller piece than I would have normally, about 2 inches by 2 inches (which is way smaller than I normally would have taken). And I still didn't eat it all!! I was sooo impressed with myself. I had and outside piece and could NOT get thru all the icing. I think this is the first time in my life I have had to throw something chocolate away!! HEHE...I didn't think this day would come BEFORE the band, but is nice to know that it has!!

All you guys have been inspirational for me with your success stories, I think I am really on the right path to a new and healthy me!!

Hi all...I just have to share this. I am schedule for surgery on Oct 22. I am slowly trying to get myself into the pre-op diet. I have replaced my noon meal with a protein shake!! I don't have to start my pre-op until Oct 10, but I want to get ahead start! I have a long way to go until I am healthy.

The good news is...Sunday was my nieces 4th birthday, and she had this amazing cake that was chocolate and vanilla with this awesome icing that wasn't too sweet!! I am a chocoholic...my friends figure I could bleed chocolate one day. And......I didn't eat the whole piece!! I took a smaller piece than I would have normally, about 2 inches by 2 inches (which is way smaller than I normally would have taken). And I still didn't eat it all!! I was sooo impressed with myself. I had and outside piece and could NOT get thru all the icing. I think this is the first time in my life I have had to throw something chocolate away!! HEHE...I didn't think this day would come BEFORE the band, but is nice to know that it has!!

All you guys have been inspirational for me with your success stories, I think I am really on the right path to a new and healthy me!!

What a great start!!! Just think your one step closer to be healthy.. My pre-op is rocky I dont know why but I gotta do something my band date is coming soon!!!

Great job!!! That is a really hard thing to do!!! I am starting my "true" pre-op on the 10th as well (surgery on the 24th) so I'll be right there with you!!! :)