I finally weighed myself

That's great! Every pound is a small victory. How are you feeling?

I am scheduled to have surgery Nov. 20th. I am not the least bit nervous, I just really want to be prepared on what to expect. I am a teacher. I am having my surgery on a Thurs. In your opinion, how many days do you think I will need for recovery before I go back to work? I have a lot of sick days built up that I could use, but I don't want to be out any longer than necessary because my children need me. A substitute just can't teach them what they need to know.

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Kimberly

That's amazing Jessica...35 lbs is nothing to sneeze at at all!!! Imagine before your had surgery how difficult it would have been to get down 35 lbs and the best part....it's gone for good!!!

I lost 32 lbs total from pre-op to post op diet...and 16 lbs since then.

Keep up the great work and make sure you get a fill when you need one!

Hey Jessica,

You must be so proud of yourself!!

I can't believe you've lost that much already. So entirely cool. How are you feeling? I hope you're motivated to go even further.

Such great news. Thanks for sharing. Got any pics yet? I'm a visual learner, LOL!!

Keep up the great work.

Jessica (the other one in Utah)

That's great! Every pound is a small victory. How are you feeling?

I am scheduled to have surgery Nov. 20th. I am not the least bit nervous, I just really want to be prepared on what to expect. I am a teacher. I am having my surgery on a Thurs. In your opinion, how many days do you think I will need for recovery before I go back to work? I have a lot of sick days built up that I could use, but I don't want to be out any longer than necessary because my children need me. A substitute just can't teach them what they need to know.

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Kimberly

I think everyone is different on the amount of days they need. But I would say as a general idea, give yourself at least 2-3 days. Also, I am not sure how "active" you are as a teacher. Or what age you teach? I would say bending, lifting, running, etc. are not going to feel comfortable for at least a week. It won't hurt, it just won't feel comfortable. And I am talking about things such as bending over to pick up a piece of paper or something. Strenuous bending and lifting are obviously out for I think 3 weeks. But again, I have heard of others say it was a breeze for them and they went back to work very quickly. For me, I had surgery on a Friday, and did not feel decent until the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I didn't start to feel "back to normal" until about the one week mark. Best of luck. You will likely have an easier time than I, as it seems most people say that it went farely easy and smooth.

Hey Jessica,

You must be so proud of yourself!!

I can't believe you've lost that much already. So entirely cool. How are you feeling? I hope you're motivated to go even further.

Such great news. Thanks for sharing. Got any pics yet? I'm a visual learner, LOL!!

Keep up the great work.

Jessica (the other one in Utah)

I will post pictures soon. I did take a before picture, but I don't think there is a dramatic difference yet. I will probably wait until I lose another 25-20 pounds before I post pics.

I will post pictures soon. I did take a before picture, but I don't think there is a dramatic difference yet. I will probably wait until I lose another 25-20 pounds before I post pics.

I thought the same thing, but others can see the difference before you can. I can't wait to see them!!