Weird bump on my stomach

Okay, talking about ports...I have an area about 3-4 inches below my left boob, that is actually a small bulge or bump on my stomach. When looking straight down at my stomach,(moving the big boob out of the way, of course) this small area actually bumps out a little. It's not extremely noticable, but there is definetely a bump. When I feel this bump area, it feels like this might be my port, but I am not sure. Should I be concerned that it's a bump??? That seems weird to me. I am just over 3 weeks post op, so it may be the port area still swollen. Has anyone else had this? This bump is also above the large incision, if that makes any difference. I am a little nervous that my port is bulging out or something??? Like it moved out of place.

Hi Jessica,

I could be your port, the internal swelling might be bringing it more to the surface...once all the swelling settles you shouldn't be able to see it..but you may e able to feel it.

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already, wow does time fly! You are doing so amazing..I am so proud of you!!!

I can't wait to see some before,during and after pics!!

Hi Jessica,

I could be your port, the internal swelling might be bringing it more to the surface...once all the swelling settles you shouldn't be able to see it..but you may e able to feel it.

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already, wow does time fly! You are doing so amazing..I am so proud of you!!!

I can't wait to see some before,during and after pics!!

at what point should the swelling be gone, though? I mean at what point should I be concerned that there is a problem with the bump and it's no longer swelling that could be causing it?

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I can't wait to post some pics either. Although I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them on here. I will have to post a link to them.

Sounds like the port to me. Mine sticks out now, but I had a tummy tuck years ago and was a lower bmi when I had my

surgery. Once I hit my goal, I plan on going back and seeing if they can move it. My port is also tilted so not sure if that makes

it stick out more. If you look close at my pictures you can see it. My port still hurts and it's been 4 months. I just need to save

my money to get back to occ.

I am close to the three week post op mark as well. This bump feels like when I was pregnant and the baby's knee was sticking out. It brings back memories but I would rather not have it. I, too, would like to know if it is going to go away.

Heidi, that's way funny that you say it reminds you of the babies knee poking out. When I first posted this question, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking it reminded me of.

So you have the little bump too. This makes me feel better because than I know this is normal. I looked at it again after posting my question and it really is very minor. Just a barely there bump. I guess time will tell what happens with my little bump. I am going to wait until I have a fill and see what the doc says than.

I have the same thing and it seems to be going down. Have posted about it several times and never got much help with it on here. I asked my fill doc what it was and she told me it was fluid that had built up from the surgery and when they opened up/stretched your skin to place the band. The port is really low. From what I undestand Dr. Ortiz is very consistent with where/how he places his ports.

Hey Jess,

I would at first think that it was the port...but you say that it is ABOVE your larger incision. I definitely could be wrong, but I thought that most ports were below the incision. I guess that it could depend a lot, but my port (which I can barely feel) is definitely about 2 inches below my incision (looking down). The pocket of fluid makes sense to me because when I went to my first physical therapy session for my knee last Friday, the therapist told me that occasionally a pocket of fluid forms by one of the lapband incisions and she massaged the areas. I thought it was just with the knee surgery, but I have it again today and I'm going to ask her if it can happen with ANY laparoscopic surgery. I don't think it would hurt to call the OCC to ask though either.

I can definately feel my port. It is about an inch or so below my largest incision. It was swollen for a while, but went down pretty quick.

CCKC, just wanted to know how the consult with Dr. Miranda went after the problems with the phone consult.

I can definately feel my port. It is about an inch or so below my largest incision. It was swollen for a while, but went down pretty quick.

CCKC, just wanted to know how the consult with Dr. Miranda went after the problems with the phone consult.

I totally forgot to mention how things went with Dr. Miranda. Well, I personally think that she got wind of what was being said, but I could be wrong. She was soooo pleasant and nice when I met her in person. I am not sure if she knew that I was the one who she had spoken with on the phone or not. But she was more than happy with the weight I had lost. I honestly think she just says those things to scare people into losing more weight before they get there. Seriously, she was night and day difference from the phone consult to the actual meeting. Who knows???

Now I am confused. You guys all seem to be saying that the port is lower than your big incision. But when I feel below my incision, I feel nothing at all. Not even a hint of a port. But up above my incision, I feel something hard under my mysterious bump. I guess I can only give it time and see what happens. I guess I will know for sure when I go get my first fill. And I can ask then about the bump too.

Hi Jessica,

I was banded at OCC on Sept 1 so I am in my 4th week post op. I have a lump the exact same place that you describe and I am almost certain it is my port. It feels like the round circular disc that ports look like. Being a nurse, I have accessed ports before and it feels exactly like that. I would be really surprised if its not the port. I guess we will see. I go for my first fill on Oct. 17th so I will be excited to see where they go.

Take care

dawns

Hi Jessica,

I was banded at OCC on Sept 1 so I am in my 4th week post op. I have a lump the exact same place that you describe and I am almost certain it is my port. It feels like the round circular disc that ports look like. Being a nurse, I have accessed ports before and it feels exactly like that. I would be really surprised if its not the port. I guess we will see. I go for my first fill on Oct. 17th so I will be excited to see where they go.

Take care

dawns

I felt around my stomach trying to see if I could feel the port where everyone else describes and I think I feel something about 1 inch below my large incision, but...I still feel something above the large incision as well. Hey maybe I got two ports just for fun. I think I am just going to have to wait until I get my first fill to see where the port actually is. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of October. About a week after you. So I guess we shall see.

I felt around my stomach trying to see if I could feel the port where everyone else describes and I think I feel something about 1 inch below my large incision, but...I still feel something above the large incision as well. Hey maybe I got two ports just for fun. I think I am just going to have to wait until I get my first fill to see where the port actually is. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of October. About a week after you. So I guess we shall see.

Hi Jessica,

I did the same thing last night after reading all the posts. I felt all around below my incision and I think I feel something but I it doesn't feel any different on the other side of my abdomen. But every time I feel the spot we both keeping talking about it feels like the port and that spot has been the sorest spot of all. Now I am really curious to see where they find it for my fill.

have a great night

dawns