December Fill Patients

Support and coordinate travel with other December Fill patients here.

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I scheduled a fill Dec 9th. Anyone heading that way? I do the bus / trolley thing...it's just as easy as waiting for the shuttle bus and of course, cheaper.

Tom

Nita:

I bought my ticket to San Diego for the 9th, but I forgot to get my appointment first. I hope they can fit me in. I'll be arriving around 0830. Are you taking the trolley or the van. I like to take the trolley and go for a massage after. They are really cheap down there...A legit one of course:)

Tom

Nita:

I bought my ticket to San Diego for the 9th, but I forgot to get my appointment first. I hope they can fit me in. I'll be arriving around 0830. Are you taking the trolley or the van. I like to take the trolley and go for a massage after. They are really cheap down there...A legit one of course:)

Tom

Hi, I will be taking the van. My appointment is on the 9th and my flight does not get in until 9:30. If you are interested for the same day let me know.

Have a great day!

Andie

Andie:

Unless you can get 1/2 dozen people, the trolley and bus are cheaper and just about as fast considering the fact that they don't necessarily go when you want them too, but when the surgery people go or when they fir it in. Plus again, I like to stay around town for awhile afterwards.

Getting there and back is easy, let me know if you decide to take the trolley, I'll stay with you until you cross the border on the way back.

Let me know

Tom

I scheduled a fill Dec 9th. Anyone heading that way? I do the bus / trolley thing...it's just as easy as waiting for the shuttle bus and of course, cheaper.

Tom

I am scheduled for a fill the same day. My plane is landing at 11:00 and my appt is 12. My home e mail is Hardy458@bellsouth.net. Please let me know.

Nita:

Tom

Tom,

I am sure they will fit you in. My appt. is at 10 so we will probably catch an earlier bus. We will look for you at the clinic though. Are you staying over in San Diego? Maybe we can go for some soup..LOL. See ya then. Nita

PS you should go ahead and call for an appt. I don't really think they are too busy on Sat. but I think they only work half a day.

I will be flying into San Diego on Friday, December 8th at 10:00 a.m. My fill appointment is Saturday at 12:30. I have decided that it is just as inexpensive to stay at the Lucerna (ony 79.00 if you have OCC arrange it for you) as any hotel in San Diego. So I am staying there Friday night.

Anyone going to be there those two days and want to ride the trolley/take the cab thing together??

I will be flying into San Diego on Friday, December 8th at 10:00 a.m. My fill appointment is Saturday at 12:30. I have decided that it is just as inexpensive to stay at the Lucerna (ony 79.00 if you have OCC arrange it for you) as any hotel in San Diego. So I am staying there Friday night.

Anyone going to be there those two days and want to ride the trolley/take the cab thing together??

My fill appointment is for Sat Dec 16th around 12:30ish. I arrive at the airport at 8:30 a.m. Anyone interested in taking the trolley? No way I am doing it alone!!

Thanks

Karen

Karen you may wanto contact Teri and Kyle they will be traveling to TJ for a fill around the same time and see if you can coordinate- I felt the same way about the bus and the trolley - I really don't like traveling by myself but had to do it yesterday - went for my first fill and at the airport didn't see anyone that was really friendly about advising where the bus picked up at - but maybe cause thier job was traffic controller LOL anywho I caught the bus 992 asked for a transfer and rode it to the first station which is the american flyer station I believe ask the trolley driver which station is the one to San Ysirdo stay on the side of the track that Starbucks is on and watch for the trolley that says sanysirdo it was easy and it does take about 30 minutes from there to get to the border and another 15 minutes to trek across the border and tehn catch a cab on the other side get directions for Lori Becky she e-mailed them to me in spanish that helped - but the cab drivers know that part of town really well - I was very nervous about getting back but met a girl Lily and her dad (retired) came down with her for her fill and she was banded 2 days b4 - I asked where they were going after and if I could hitch a ride to the border and they offered to take me to the airport - I gave some money to them even thought they didn;t wan any due to it appeared they were driving back in that direction - we had great conversation she was very sweet and her dad was a hoot ----kinda sounded like me and my husband LOL ----so I did get lucky of not having to do the border myself back to sandiego ---hope this helps

Cyndi :-?

• 2 weeks later...
My fill appointment is for Sat Dec 16th around 12:30ish. I arrive at the airport at 8:30 a.m. Anyone interested in taking the trolley? No way I am doing it alone!!

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

Kyle and I arrive on Fri, Dec 15 at 7:30pm stay at the Lucerina Hotel, then our fill is on Sat Dec 16th at 1:30. The school gets funny about taking to much time off, the kids can only miss 9 days out of a semester, and because of surgery and other time off, dont want to chance it, besides, its hard to play catch up with homework, etc. once you miss it. We are flying STAND BY (our daughter is a flight attendent), so that is why I havent mentioned when we were going. HOWEVER, you are more then welcome to ride back with us, and anyone else, after the fill on Sat. as long as the driver is not hosting others (?????). Not sure about that, but i am sure they wouldnt mind. Teri :)

The trolley is a cinch and although I understand coming back across might seem intimidating I have two possible solutions. One chances are you will see someone at the clinic that is going back across and you could just tag along or take the taxi back to the border....once the taxi drops you off just hang out atthe back of the line for 30 secs to a min until an American couple or family gets in line, then get in behind them and then you have a friendly face to help if needed, but you won't it's pretty straightforward with no hassle from anyone, unless its the transpo guys trying to get people to pay five bucks for a ride across

Tom

I leave tuesday the 12 for my first fill......where do you catch the tolley at and than where does it take you do? what about returning to san diego? I had decided I was just going to pay the $130 round trip for Fransico to drive me...doesnt seem as if that is too reasonable considering the time involved?? Would love to share tansport with someone!! Surgery was nov 13 and return flight from East coast at Christmas.. I have over $10,000 out of pocket in 30 days..............grrrrrr!