Wicked head and chest cold!!! ARRR!!

For those who've been sick with a cold while banded, did you have tighter restriction?

I have had a lump in my throat all day. I can't taste a thing. I had a shake for breakfast and had a lump in my throat from 8:30 until 1 pm...had a little lunch, some roast beef and scallop potatoes and the lump got worse and I still have it and it's almost 6 p.m. I just tried to eat some dinner, turkey and rice and could barely get the turkey in before my chest started tightening. Believe me, I am only eating because I should, not because I want to.

So far it hasn't caused me to PB or not be able to drink water...so it's not that bad yet, but I was wondering if this is common?

Thanks!!!!

If your nose is running that can cause you to feel more restriction. It drips down your throat and into your stomach which causes irritation. I get the same thing from my allergies. Just take it easy while you're sick and don't push yourself. Pb'ing can cause more irritation and more restriction.

I was wondering the same thing. I have not been banded yet, But was wondering about if you get sick.

What happens if you have the flu and are throwing up? Can something happen to the band?

Do your best not to throw up, always have anti-nausea medication on hand. If you do, have your next fill under fluoro just make sure everythings okay.

Don't panic, some of the ladies threw up right after surgery and are fine!