2nd fill today

Well I went in today to have my 2nd fill done. Same doctor who did my first fill... Well he drew all the fluid out before injecting anymore and he was only able to pull out 1 cc. At my first fill I got 2 cc's but today only 1 was left. He took all the fluid out and added back in 2 cc's. So I am back to where I started with the 2 cc's...UGH!.. I did not lose any from my first fill at all.

Is it me or does that seem like alot to be missing?

Well I went in today to have my 2nd fill done. Same doctor who did my first fill... Well he drew all the fluid out before injecting anymore and he was only able to pull out 1 cc. At my first fill I got 2 cc's but today only 1 was left. He took all the fluid out and added back in 2 cc's. So I am back to where I started with the 2 cc's...UGH!.. I did not lose any from my first fill at all.

Is it me or does that seem like alot to be missing?

Does he use flouro, maybe the tube was punctured during your first fill. I would not think that much can just disappear like that.

I just went for my 2nd fill on Saturday to the OCC and I too had 2.0 cc put in the last fill and Dr. So was only able to get 1.6 cc. He said it is very normal with the first fill because of air still trapped in the band. So he put the 1.6 cc back and added .7. So don't worry you might get restriction because now you are working with 2.0cc instead of 1.0 cc. Good luck on your journey to better health. :rolleyes:

IT is normal to lose some. However, that is alot. I lost .4 on my first fill. She said that was normal because some stays in there and kinda primes the pump. I would see if you lose a large number like that again.

Hi Trina,

Yeah it happened to me, they kept filling me (3 times) and I was not getting restrction, so they pulled out the fluid and found only 1 CC I had three fills and was supost to have 1.7 in there. She put in .5 on my fourth fill and I now have restriction.

It's a mixed blessing to have restriction. LOL

Barb