Fill Prices at the OCC

vix

Can anyone tell me all the costs involved with going back to the OCC for fills? I have written an email twice, and am not getting an answer. I will probably call, but I'd rather have it written down so I can take it all in. What do they charge and what all is covered if you went there for your surgery? Anyone that can help please let me know since I really want to go back there rather than do it here.

Thankie!!! :girl_wink:

I heard that it was $99 for the use of the xray. And then you pay for your airline ticket, transportation to and from the airport and hotel if staying over night. I found a bariatric dr. here in Utah that does the lapband surgery. He will do fills for mexican banded patients for only $150. But the down fall is that he does not use flouro. The nurse said that if he had some concern he would schedule a fill to be done at the hospital and then check the band under flouro. But I figure he is a lapband surgeon, so that gives me some comfort that he will know what he's doing. I would like to go back to the OCC, but this is a way cheaper option for me. So I am going to try it out. But I think if you can afford to go back to the OCC, then do it. For me, I have little ones and my husband works or goes to school 7 days a week. He would have to take a day off work for me to travel back to TJ. So we lose additional money there. I wish I could go back to the OCC. You could call one of the patient coordinators to double check the prices.

My first fill is on Friday. I am paying OCC $279 for the fill, transportation, and 1 night at the lucerna. I'm flying down on points so I think the whole trip with food will be under $300.

I'll be there on friday also for my 2nd fill, in the afternoon. I am doing the same thing as Cujo and am paying the same price for the package deal with 1 night at the lucerna. That's what I did the first time also and it was great. Personally I want to spend the night to give the fill enough time and make sure it's ok. I think for me all in one day is too tiring and may not give me the time needed for the assurance I need that the fill is ok.

Maybe I'll see ya around Cujo.

Vix, I live in Springfield. When I had surgery in Aug. I flew out of KC because they had a nonstop flight on Midwest, but they ended the nonstop flights. I checked flights out of KC and Tulsa and St. Louis, since Springfield is always too high, and Tulsa was quite a bit cheaper. KC would be closer if the airport wasn't 50 miles from KC.

Guest CaraMBA09
Vix, I live in Springfield. When I had surgery in Aug. I flew out of KC because they had a nonstop flight on Midwest, but they ended the nonstop flights. I checked flights out of KC and Tulsa and St. Louis, since Springfield is always too high, and Tulsa was quite a bit cheaper. KC would be closer if the airport wasn't 50 miles from KC.

A fellow alum at college created the website :

Farecast.com

Microsoft just bought it for $$chaching

anyways...You register yourself and it will send you DAILY emails telling you if rates are holding steady, going up or going down!

I have used it for the past two years and that is how I get my DEALS on Southwest!

C

Maybe I just hit it at a bad time, but when my mom and I go in Oct we are paying over $500 each and that is with a layover each way. That was the cheapest we could find and looked in quite a few places. We are taking Frontier. I'd like to go down there, but I just can't afford that much each time. I'm in KC too, so if anyone hears of other deals let me know. I already have my first fill set up at a place here in KC, but it would be nice to go back down there again.

Hi guys,

I just bought my tickets through Southwest out of KC to go back to OCC for my first fill and they were 219.00 They were internet specials. They usually have pretty good internet specials but you have watch their website and have a two or three times that you are willing to fly.

Good luck

dawns