Really struggling

Hey everyone! I got my second fill over a week ago with Dr. Ren in NYC, and I am still not able to keep any solid foods down, and even some liquids are coming back up. I am really struggling because I am not able to get in even close to 1000 calories per day, and in addition to that I am not able to make a huge amount of time for exercise. I know I probably shouldn't be exercising if I can't eat, though, so I guess thats not a big deal at this point. I am up to 2 cc fill, and I am thinking I will have to call my Dr. to see what she thinks - I might be over filled.

Also, I am STILL stuck at 180. STILL! I have been stuck at 180 since probably July or even before. I am SO damn sick of this!!! I mean geez louise, I am basically starving over here and I am still friggen 180. Its so disheartening and frustrating. I am beginning to think that I wasted my money and that I am destined to be 180 or fatter for the rest of my god forsaken life. :(:(( :lb12:

Carrie, I am so sorry you are going through this. I haven't had my first fill yet, so I can't really say that I understand. But I can totally see and feel your frustration and it's completely understandable. Have you talked to the fill doc about the weight not coming off? If your not able to keep anything down, the weight should have dropped some. Even a few pounds. Also, it does sound like you need a little unfill though. I hope that this gets worked out for you. Call the doc and let us know how things go.

Thank you both for your support! I appreciate it very much. I called my fill Dr. and I was advised to go in as soon as possible so that I can get some of my fill taken out. I am going to try to go tomorrow - its difficult for me because I have to take the train all the way to NYC, but I have to. I cannot go on anymore not being able to get down solid foods. Thanks again to both of you - jessica and kitty

That stinks. I'm curious to know how much your first fill was, because 2cc doesn't seem like a lot for a 2nd - but they do say everyone is different. Since you're struggling to lose, I just hope they don't take out too much.

I also wonder if it could be your time of the month. I got mine right after my first fill and felt really tight for a few days, but it passed. Now I can pretty much eat anything and am looking forward to my next fill. Also, that could explain why your weight hasn't gone down despite eating so little - maybe water weight?

Incidentally - I'm getting my next fill with Dr. Ren as well! I just went to the nyu office Friday for a check-up with the nurse, I get my fill next Weds. I have to say I'm slightly glad to hear you got too much of a fill because I've been nervous that I won't get enough! Of course neither is good.

Anyway, I hope you get to your sweet spot soon! Not too tight, but tight enough that you can make it past 180.

Good luck!

Susan

You have to get some taken out as you are stretching your pouch since everything is held there and cannot get out and you are throwing up? which is not a good thing. Some of the girls I met in mexico had this happen to them and had a "muffin top thing where there pouches relaxed on top of the band instead of being above their band. Their bands were loosened and they were told to go back to a liquid diet for SIX weeks to give their pouches time to regain its elasticity. Don't want to scare you (even though I am sure I have) but the six weeks of liquid may be something you should do even if it is not recommended to you since that is what they say to do at the OCC. Ellen

Same thing happened to me on my second fill. I did soups and soft foods for about 2 weeks and would try bits of stuff here and there until I could tolerate it. I never ate more than a few bites. I am so glad I did not get an unfill. You do get swollen and it takes some time to go down. I found out what foods worked and what foods did not. Breads-never. pasta's -just a few bites. vegitables- are pretty easy as are fruits. Meats-some good others not so good. No steak or dry chicken. My meat has to be moist. I eat my veg's first than my meat because my meat fills me up to fast. I do a shake or yougurt for breakfast. It has helped me to stay more intuned with my body. I listen to everything it says. Yesterday I went to Mcdonalds with the kids and I got them the chicken nuggut meal. My daughter was not to hungry so I endded up eatting 3 nuggets and I started on some fries. I found out real quick I still can not do more than 5 or 6 french fries. I do not know why fries are such an issue. I can eat a hugh salas and than some protien, but eat just a few fries and I am going to pb. I do miss my fries and I try them every now and than to see if they will work ,but they never do. I guess that is a good thing.

You know yourself if your eatting to much. My doc said every time you get a fill you have to learn to eat all over again. You might just need to change what your eatting and how much of it your eatting. It might be that you need an unfill. I would just hate for you to get one and then wish you had not because you have no restriction. Just be careful.

Same thing happened to me on my second fill. I did soups and soft foods for about 2 weeks and would try bits of stuff here and there until I could tolerate it. I never ate more than a few bites. I am so glad I did not get an unfill. You do get swollen and it takes some time to go down. I found out what foods worked and what foods did not. Breads-never. pasta's -just a few bites. vegitables- are pretty easy as are fruits. Meats-some good others not so good. No steak or dry chicken. My meat has to be moist. I eat my veg's first than my meat because my meat fills me up to fast. I do a shake or yougurt for breakfast. It has helped me to stay more intuned with my body. I listen to everything it says. Yesterday I went to Mcdonalds with the kids and I got them the chicken nuggut meal. My daughter was not to hungry so I endded up eatting 3 nuggets and I started on some fries. I found out real quick I still can not do more than 5 or 6 french fries. I do not know why fries are such an issue. I can eat a hugh salas and than some protien, but eat just a few fries and I am going to pb. I do miss my fries and I try them every now and than to see if they will work ,but they never do. I guess that is a good thing.

You know yourself if your eatting to much. My doc said every time you get a fill you have to learn to eat all over again. You might just need to change what your eatting and how much of it your eatting. It might be that you need an unfill. I would just hate for you to get one and then wish you had not because you have no restriction. Just be careful.

Dawn, I am a new bandster and found your post to be very helpful. Thanks, I really like your approach.

Dawn, I have the same issue with fries. I can only eat about two. It is so odd. I don't know why this is, so I don't really even order them anymore. I do fairly well on 1/2 to 3/4 of a little cheesburger from McDonalds. The bread is so flat that I tolerate their burger well. At least I can eat a little unhealthy every now and again even if I can't have my fries.

Carrie,

Your situation sounds very similar to how I was after my second fill to 1.9cc. I had to go and have some taken out and the two weeks I waited for "things to get better" were miserable. The doctor at OCC told me if your fill is too tight it won't get better. He also gave me a list of symptoms of a too tight band:

*Can't tolerate any solid food

*Can eat "very small" amounts of solid food (painful and only a little says down)

*Can't tolerate liquids (THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!)

*Regurgitation of swallowed foods. (PB-ing)

*Heartburn

*Night coughing or choking.

*Repeated pulmony infections.

*Constant upper abdominal pain worsedned by eating or drinking.

The information goes on to say that the symptoms of a too tight band can appear immediately or a long time after a fill and waiting can increase the risk of complications.

You should call your doctor. You have to be able to eat and drink. I stopped trying to eat solids and just put myself back on liquids until I could get in for the unfill (only 1 day) and I stayed on liquids again for 3 days after the unfill. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.