Question From an Old Die Hard Sun Bunny

I know I should have posted this under the Plastic Surgery sub-forum, but I'm hoping I'll get more answers by posting here.

Has anybody had any facial fills, botox, lazer, plastic surgery at Cosmed, by Dr. Quiroz? From years of sun worship (I still worship!) and from when I used to smoke, I have those vertical lines between my lips and my nose and they're ugly! I've also noticed some age spots recently that I'd like to have lazered away. Anyway - love to hear from anyone who's had any of those kind of proceedures done by Dr. O's buddy?

Thanks all - hope your all having a great weekend!

Suzanna

Hello Suzanna,

I didn’t have my services done at Cosmo, but I know some who have and all say good things. I personally have received:

Laser skin resurfacing on age spots

Botox on forehead and 11’s

JUVÉDERM™ in my nasolabial folds)… And used it to increase lip volume (Just a little - don't want it overdone....)

The Vitalize Peel® by SkinMedica - Chemical Peel (Series of 6)

I have Microdermabrasion and facials every 6 weeks.

Here’s the deal, I have (had…) not heavy but wrinkles I think mainly due to my weight loss and sun. I decided when I was loosing weight to really focus on my face as well – I’d seen some women my age that lost a lot of weight come out looking older and haggard. I went to my local spa, and found the deals (when they come up – many will sell packages). If I was closer to Cosmo as you are I’d be there monthly….. Having the procedures really made a difference in how I look.

Lisa

Hello Suzanna,

I didn’t have my services done at Cosmo, but I know some who have and all say good things. I personally have received:

Laser skin resurfacing on age spots

Botox on forehead and 11’s

JUVÉDERM™ in my nasolabial folds)… And used it to increase lip volume (Just a little - don't want it overdone....)

The Vitalize Peel® by SkinMedica - Chemical Peel (Series of 6)

I have Microdermabrasion and facials every 6 weeks.

Here’s the deal, I have (had…) not heavy but wrinkles I think mainly due to my weight loss and sun. I decided when I was loosing weight to really focus on my face as well – I’d seen some women my age that lost a lot of weight come out looking older and haggard. I went to my local spa, and found the deals (when they come up – many will sell packages). If I was closer to Cosmo as you are I’d be there monthly….. Having the procedures really made a difference in how I look.

Lisa

Thanks so much Lisa,

What's the recovery with the Peels and the microdermabrasion - is your face red for quite a while?

After the face and another 30/40 pounds I'm going for a TT and a Breast lift - I'm gonna be a star!!!! (like you!)

I’m not a star, I’m a woman who got fat and didn’t live life to the fullest for years because I was obese, messed up my body, got it back and now I’m liven it and haven fun! (Thank goodness for TT, breast lifts, and a little bit of lippo....)

Microdermabrasion, its pretty minor for my skin. I have it done after a facial and go to work the next day with no problems. I might be red – but its not really noticeable after you put a little bit of foundation on.

With Vitalize Peels you get it, you’re tight the next day and then start peeling a little bit on day two, by day 3 you look like crap and skin is flaking off, its pretty gross. I would have mine Wednesday night, so by Saturday and Sunday I’d stay closed up in my house so I wouldn’t frighten small children.

All the rest I have done and can hit work the next day. (Most you have to avoid the sun with, some for weeks so be careful little sun bunny)!

Lisa