Band Slippage

Guest CaraMBA09

What's going on - we all think we slip too so if you're thinking that its normal. Based on what I've heard you really know if you slip - I saw someone who had, and she waited to come it - it was not pretty. You can't eat or drink - nothing stays down:

http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-su.../all-pages.html

"From time to time the stomach wall can slip up through the band. Slippage causes an hourglass effect with a bulge above the band and extra stomach tissue with in the band.

Slippage may be mild and intermittent, or it may be severe and may not resolve. Symptoms are nausea and vomiting and a decrease in the ability to take foods or liquids.

Slippage requiring reoperation or removal of the band occurs in less than 5 percent of patients when the currently accepted surgical technique known as the pars flacida technique is used to implant the band. Care is taken as well to make the pouch above the band very small."

You will get swollen if you PB big time and you should go on liquids if that happens - more info please so we can help - if you really can't get anything down, liquids or food - call the Center ASAP.

Lisa

Guest CaraMBA09
Cara, what happened? Why do you think your band slipped, are you having trouble with drinking or eating?

Read what Lisa says and assess if that's the case. I am sure you are just fine, it takes alot to slip the band.

I will talk to you tommorrow afternoon, okay!

Take care XO

THANK YOU Lisa for the great information! I have had a "lump" feeling in my throat today, felt nauseous and had a raging headache...I have taken it easy and only done very light liquids, so I dont think it has slipped...because it sounds like I wouldnt be keeping anything down...and that is not the case, thankfully!

Guest CaraMBA09
Cara, what happened? Why do you think your band slipped, are you having trouble with drinking or eating?

Read what Lisa says and assess if that's the case. I am sure you are just fine, it takes alot to slip the band.

I will talk to you tommorrow afternoon, okay!

Take care XO

thanks Kat, I will call you tomorrow!