some ppl

marek

...So I told my coworker bout mine up coming lap band op.on oct 7th. Well I wld never suspect such low n dumb replay from a guy who's in the med profesion for the last 20+ years. #1 lab band will take 10 years of your life idk where he got that from ("good thing that his smoking makes him young" btw I'm smoke free for a few days now and wld never go back to it!!)#2 I told him that mine op is in Tj Mex....I better not post what he said to that smh but I'm sure you can imagine. All I wanted to say to him was...good thing that stupidity can't fly cuz otherwise he be up in the sky like bunch of balloons.;)

...So I told my coworker bout mine up coming lap band op.on oct 7th. Well I wld never suspect such low n dumb replay from a guy who's in the med profesion for the last 20+ years. #1 lab band will take 10 years of your life idk where he got that from ("good thing that his smoking makes him young" btw I'm smoke free for a few days now and wld never go back to it!!)#2 I told him that mine op is in Tj Mex....I better not post what he said to that smh but I'm sure you can imagine. All I wanted to say to him was...good thing that stupidity can't fly cuz otherwise he be up in the sky like bunch of balloons.;)

Some people are just un-educated and they need to READ!!!

THIS is the exact reason why I've chosen only to tell my husband and my dad who will be accompanying me to my surgery. People are just uneducated about the benefits of this surgery. There have been so many sensationalized stories in the media about gastric bypass surgery (and often times the subsequent re-gaining of the weight loss) that people just tend to lump all weightloss surgery all together.

I did tell one other person who has struggled with her weight and has two teenage daughters who are very overweight about it and her response was supportive and positive. Did this man have a weight problem? If not, that might have something to do with his response too.

Don't worry about any of these kinds of people. You're doing the right thing and will prove him wrong in the end.

Congrats on being smoke free. That's a HUGE accomplishment!!

when I told my co-worker I was getting the band, she said I could save my money if I had some willpower! OMG!!! After that I told no one but my mom and husband who were unbelievably supportive. Now she says I look great and that she needs to get back to her diet. What she doesn't understand is that while the band helps, there is still alot of willpower involved. I have good days and bad days. I do great when I'm working with my band and sometimes I know I make bad choices in food...I still battle the emotional eater that I am but I wouldn't change my band for anything. I love that I got it and I am soooooo glad I went to Dr. Ortiz. The entire staff is awesome!!!!! Best of luck on your new journey, and congrats on quitting the smoking habit. ><' ><' ><'

Christi