Please Help...

Hi--

I just got blood work done and apparently, my cholesterol and glucose is still high. I've lost 20 lbs. since being banded, but I have yet to get my first fill (that will be on Oct. 10th). Does anyone know where I can get a sample menu for a 1200 calorie a day diet? All my doctor would tell me is to lose more weight. I am not a very good cook, but I can only handle the lean cuisines about 2-3 times a week. Also, I have to take my lunch to school 3 times a week. I thank you in advance for any help/advice.

Thanks,

Angela

decision- 241

pre-op- 236

current- 220

If you were banded at OCC then you can try getting in touch with Dr Miranda. If not, then ask your doctor for a referral to a nutritionist. They can customize something for your lifestyle and based on what foods you like, as well as give you lots of other information.

As a side note, it always irritates me when I hear doctors give the advice they gave you without doing any follow up or providing any other information that's actually helpful. "You mean I need to LOSE weight? Really? I never knew that"

AngelaAnn, make sure you are getting your calories in...especially protein and fiber.

If you do not get enough, your body could go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight and could get sick.

Talk to the nutritionist on staff at OCC and get some sample menus.

Take care sweetie!