Band Hell?

Hi all,

I am 34 days out from being banded and have been able to eat solids for weeks now...for the last week I have been feeling like I am on a slippery slope and eating for all of the old reasons...Boredom, sadness, anxiety etc. I will be setting an appointment to have a fill later this month but I am feeling out of control now! I am not really feeling hungry but I am eating anyway and the wrong things. I went to visit my Mother last weekend and ate cookies and potato pancakes at the Kitchener market (Kitty will know what I am talking about, awesome market, lots of Mennonite food.) Help!!! I gained a pound on my scale and now I am afraid to even check it again.

I know it is still early days with this whole being banded thing. I don't want to let myself down and screw this up!

Thanks for listening.

KIM

Hi Kim,

So glad you got to taste the wonderful market food, it's amazing!! I avoid that place like the plague.

Your profile pic is cute...but does not do you justice at all!! LOL!!

You need a fill...book one now..in the meantime, count your calories and portion control. You are doing fine...the scale will go up and down throughout this process..try not to focus on it so much...non-scale victories are much more exciting!!

Good Luck!

I am confused, how come you don't already have a fill appointment schedule. You must have been banded around the same time as me, which was Aug. 29th. I am "eligible" my first fill as early as October 10. Only 9 days from now. So you should be getting that fill scheduled right away and getting it done soon. I am in the exact same boat as you. The last week I have been having PMS and my restriction is going away and this is a bad combo. I am definetly eating more than I want to, but still less than I used to. But I understand your predicament because we are in the same spot. I have my fill scheduled for Oct. 22. I could have gotten a sooner appointment but I was trying to see how much I could do on my own. Big mistake. Wished I had scheduled it sooner. Now I have 3 weeks of fighting everyday to keep from gaining back any weight while I wait for that fill. Get your's scheduled right away.

Yes girls, you are right! I have had a call today from Fill centres USA to check up on me and I am going to get back to them and book a fill for the 20th of this month if I can get the appointment. I have to drive approx. 5 hours to get to Troy MI but it will be worth it! Glad you like my Avatar Cathy, It is how I have been feeling!!!

KIM

OK, I'm booked!!! October 9th @ 12:30 pm at the Troy fill centre. Thank God, I know I can hang on until them without doing too much damage!

Have a great day all!

KIM

I found it to be a VERY difficult time before my first fill and even after. I think from the 3 weeks of liquids we feel deprived and then since we finally can eat we do. It all the old subconscious stuff that got us fat in the first place. This is not an easy road. I truly believe that it isn't until fill number 2, perhaps 3 (sorry to say) that lasting restriction finally comes. First fills can certainly be helpful and a big boost to help you get back on track. Glad you got an appointment sooner.

There was a great tip from a lady here about Fitday.com that I went to. ( I believe she was recommending diet

menu's, which I didn't find, but I found other GREAT things about the site)

You can make up a profile for yourself that includes a daily food log. It is GREAT!!

You input what you are eating and it calculates the calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc...

It tells you, depending on what type of exercise you are getting, how many calories you need to

eat to lose however much weight needed for your ultimate goal!

You can even "customize" food, so I went and got all the nutrient info off of my protein powder

and 1% lactaid milk and input as "protein shake". It stores all the food you have put on your log

so If you're like me and tend to eat the same things because they are good and good for you,

then it's easy to find.

It's been a great way for me to track my calories, which I have never been able to do in the past,

and I tend to be a "wondering eater" snacking when bored, etc...Now I know if I am getting close

to my day's limit.

Check it out! ;)