Wow...now it's real!!

So a real moment for me...I just paid for my procedure! It's exciting, but it is really sinking in now. This is the best decision i've ever made and i'm super excited, but i'm also very aware of how hard it is going to be. I know this may sound corny, but I feel like I am losing a major part of myself. Food is such a major part of my life - sometimes as soon as I am done eating I start thinking about what i'm going to eat next - it's such a part of me and is what I think about probably 75 percent of my day.

But seeing everyone on here and your success makes me so excited for the future. Thank you all soooo much for that I can't tell you how important that is!! Pre-op is gonna be tough b/c for 5 days of it I am at a conference with 13 students who don't know what is going on and won't understand why i'm drinking shakes.

I'm excited, but WOW that was a large amount to drop! :) Didn't even put that big of a down payment on my house! :)

Looking forward to the "other side"! I leave for San Diego in 20 days!!!!

I'd do it again in a second, its a big amount of $$ but the improvements to your life really out way the cost. Its hard to explain, when I think of how much I lost, it was almost half of me, the same weight as my sister...... I know I'll live longer, I've moved up in my job, I make more money, (paid for my surgery a many times over) I'm healthier, happier and can so much more in life.

I can hardly believe the person I am now compared to who I use to be. Its really not the same, not even close.

Good luck and congrats on your decision!

Lisa

Guest jodbug65

I can see what she means though...I haven't even started my pre-op diet yet and I'm already feeling sad that I'm losing my best friend- Food! However, we're also gaining a new friend jhawk- It's called HOTNESS! Have you SEEN the before and after pics? Man, we're gonna be smokin' hot like all these lovely ladies!!!

I know it's hard, but I'm just trying to think positively about the benefits of doing it. We're giving up one crappy life for a wonderful, healthy life :) And I know you'll do great or you wouldn't have paid for the surgery!

Good luck! Can't wait to hop on the Hotness Train with ya!

-Jo

So a real moment for me...I just paid for my procedure! It's exciting, but it is really sinking in now. This is the best decision i've ever made and i'm super excited, but i'm also very aware of how hard it is going to be. I know this may sound corny, but I feel like I am losing a major part of myself. Food is such a major part of my life - sometimes as soon as I am done eating I start thinking about what i'm going to eat next - it's such a part of me and is what I think about probably 75 percent of my day.

But seeing everyone on here and your success makes me so excited for the future. Thank you all soooo much for that I can't tell you how important that is!! Pre-op is gonna be tough b/c for 5 days of it I am at a conference with 13 students who don't know what is going on and won't understand why i'm drinking shakes.

I'm excited, but WOW that was a large amount to drop! :) Didn't even put that big of a down payment on my house! :)

Looking forward to the "other side"! I leave for San Diego in 20 days!!!!

I'm so excited for you..I rememeber when I made my decision to go, and when I got the cashier's check I thought, holy crap, I've never spent this much on anything. You're investing in yourself..it is so worth it. Dr. Ortiz and his entire staff are absolutely wonderful. I read on the forum much more than I post, there is so much great information and people here for support. You'll do great!!

Thanks everyone! It is gonna be tough, but I am soooo excited! It feels like forever ago that I made the decision to do it. Because of work this was th earliest I could do it, but I made the decision in June. Since i've watched people come and go before me and been a bit jealous, but my time will come! Yea! =D> I think my mom is more excited than me, but that is because she gets a vacation out of it. But she is really excited for me too.

And I am cracking up jodbug65!!! Yes we are gonna be so hot!!! It's like Mary Murphy says on "So You Think You Can Dance"...we are getting tickets for the Hot Tamale Train!!!!! :lol: Although I must say I did get hit on at the gas station this morning, but I wouldn't consider him marriage material. Anyone who whistles and yells "someones lookn' sexy today" at you at the Shell station isn't quite what I see in a future husband!!! :wacko:

Thanks again everyone!!! Have a fantastic weekend!!!

Shelby