Danke Shein!!

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

AHHH.

It is the time of year when all good girls and boys of european descent celebrate the grandest of ploys...drinking beer to excess! HOO HAA it is OKtoberfest!

NOT THIS CHICK

hmm. this norwegien/german wench is grateful but grumbling about all the good tidings not going down MY tummy this year!

Ich möchte zu dünn!

alles Gute für Sie ~ Cara

AHHH.

It is the time of year when all good girls and boys of european descent celebrate the grandest of ploys...drinking beer to excess! HOO HAA it is OKtoberfest!

NOT THIS CHICK

hmm. this norwegien/german wench is grateful but grumbling about all the good tidings not going down MY tummy this year!

Ich möchte zu dünn!

alles Gute für Sie ~ Cara

HA!

That is awesome! WAY TO GO, GIRL!

Sounds like me and the TEXAS STATE FAIR this time of year......

Corn Dogs, Funnel cakes, French Frys, Turkey Legs, Carmel Apples, Roasted Corn, Sausage on a Stick......need I say more???? :P

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL BE ON LIQUIDS!!!! :D

LMAO!!

I did this on purpose (scheduling my surgery this time of year, lol)

Guest CaraMBA09
HA!

That is awesome! WAY TO GO, GIRL!

Sounds like me and the TEXAS STATE FAIR this time of year......

Corn Dogs, Funnel cakes, French Frys, Turkey Legs, Carmel Apples, Roasted Corn, Sausage on a Stick......need I say more???? :P

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL BE ON LIQUIDS!!!! :D

LMAO!!

I did this on purpose (scheduling my surgery this time of year, lol)

Dana Baby Doll YOU ARE SO RIGHT...WhooooHoooo!

that is the spirit I needed to hear!

Bless to all!

C

Ohhhh Cara, I so know what you mean :rolleyes: being german .... living & loving it here ... the "Octoberfest" is aways a piece of home for me and every year I'm looking soo forward to it! Through my job we are part of the sponsors/organizers of the Octoberfest here in Atlanta and I have to see all the good stuff LOL

This year ... "kein Bier, keine Bratwurst und kein Schnitzel" :ph34r: But feeling better than all those years before :cheerleader:

Schoenes Wochenende !!!

Sorry to gloat, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

This German girl is going to participate... I'll let my beer sit a bit, (just a bit) have a small sip, let is sit on my tough and then go down, eat a bit of bratwurst and enjoy life.....

(I'm almost at 2 years, and I've hit my goal, so I'm OK to do this and its been a long time coming).....

Sorry to gloat, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

This German girl is going to participate... I'll let my beer sit a bit, (just a bit) have a small sip, let is sit on my tough and then go down, eat a bit of bratwurst and enjoy life.....

(I'm almost at 2 years, and I've hit my goal, so I'm OK to do this and its been a long time coming).....

Oh you deserve this Lisa!! Enjoy for all of us still working on goal. :party:

Guest CaraMBA09
Ohhhh Cara, I so know what you mean :rolleyes: being german .... living & loving it here ... the "Octoberfest" is aways a piece of home for me and every year I'm looking soo forward to it! Through my job we are part of the sponsors/organizers for the Octoberfest here in Atlanta and I have to see all the good stuff LOL

This year ... "kein Bier, keine Bratwurst und kein Schnitzel" :ph34r: But feeling better than all those years before :cheerleader:

Schoenes Wochenende !!!

LOL

I am glad to hear my sisters in crime are missing this as well!

I guess we all got fat for a reason didn't we?

Alles Gute für Sie!

Cara

Cara, you crack me up LOL

Everytime someone asked me what I miss most about being away from home (Germany) My answer was always THE FOOD & MY FAMILY, yes in this order :)

Now mom's feeling better and teasing me that the family finally moved up to # 1 LOL

I"m hoping that I reach my goal weight by next year Mai when I go back home for my nephews confirmation and enjoying mom's home cooking to the fullest.

Hubby is already dreaming about it too and he's not even banded yet :rolleyes:

Hey Lisa ... PROST !! Have sip for us :P

Hi All!

I am not going to miss anything either! My Mum has already made some wonderful German food already since last week...liver dumplings, potato pancakes (being made today), german potato salad, brats on the barbie, beer, and so much more...we are having our 'feast' tonight as a celebration for me when I go this Thursday to have myself banded! NOT to worry...I'm only going to have a tiny taste of all and will toast to ALL of us.

Enjoy!

Jude =)

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi All!

I am not going to miss anything either! My Mum has already made some wonderful German food already since last week...liver dumplings, potato pancakes (being made today), german potato salad, brats on the barbie, beer, and so much more...we are having our 'feast' tonight as a celebration for me when I go this Thursday to have myself banded! NOT to worry...I'm only going to have a tiny taste of all and will toast to ALL of us.

Enjoy!

Jude =)

Yea! I took a tiny sip of my husbands beer tonight...swished it around like mouthwash and spit it out..LOL. THAT was my 2008 Oktoberfest celebration.

Cheers everyone! :D

German girls are so naughty some times, especially when it comes to beer!

Good job spitting it out, I’ve done that with so many things in the last couple of years, its pretty funny when you think about it. Champaign, wines that I didn’t know were bubbly, food that was too fibrous and I knew it would never go down…. I think we should design a little lap band bucket to have on hand, we can make them cute, silver and engraved with our initials…. Just kidding, I always take little bites and sips so a napkin does me fine, (or the garbage if I’m home) still very gross when you think about it….

Yea! I took a tiny sip of my husbands beer tonight...swished it around like mouthwash and spit it out..LOL. THAT was my 2008 Oktoberfest celebration.

Cheers everyone! :D

Good for you Cara baby!!

I am not a big fan of beer, but I love diet coke...maybe I will swish and spit some diet coke for Oktoberfest!!!

Well, I don't know whether to cry or not! Oh I did the same with the beer to swish it around the mouth and excused myself and went into the loo a spit it out...all the while thinking, "NO one would know! BUT I will!"...so down the dump it went. It was a sad moment to me but it was so real and what I am about to do when I go for my surgery this thursday! It's reality time.

So, when dinner came on...it was agony for me...BUT, I DID IT EVERYONE! I am on the pre-op diet, so I took a teeny, weeny bit of brats, potato pancakes (groan! my fav!!!), german potato salad, and sweet and sour cabbage, and a few other stuff. Before I got to my Mum's place last night, I stopped at a 99 cent store and bought me a real cool SMALL dessert plate and that is what I put my food on. Again, reality settled in while I am looking at my pitiful plate. BUT, the plate was covered and that was important to me right then, unlike the empty spots if I had used a regular dinner plate. As I was eating, I realized that I would eat like this for awhile after the surgery...so I thoroughly chewed my food good and really appreciated my food. You know, believe it or not, I actually left a few crumbles on my plate! I didn't feel too bad...but it was a start for me.

Anyway, this is MY memories for Oktoberfest 2008!

Jude =)

Choos(sp)!!

Ahhh, Octoberfest!! Two years ago I was in Germany for a wedding in Bavaria (Eichstatt & Regansburg area) then went to Prague...not sure if I'm sober yet!! Wow, the beer was sooo yummy AND plentiful. Both the Germans and the Czechs claimed to be the beer capital of the world, so we did our best to support the local tally!!!

Cheers, Prost, Salud!!

Well, I don't know whether to cry or not! Oh I did the same with the beer to swish it around the mouth and excused myself and went into the loo a spit it out...all the while thinking, "NO one would know! BUT I will!"...so down the dump it went. It was a sad moment to me but it was so real and what I am about to do when I go for my surgery this thursday! It's reality time.

So, when dinner came on...it was agony for me...BUT, I DID IT EVERYONE! I am on the pre-op diet, so I took a teeny, weeny bit of brats, potato pancakes (groan! my fav!!!), german potato salad, and sweet and sour cabbage, and a few other stuff. Before I got to my Mum's place last night, I stopped at a 99 cent store and bought me a real cool SMALL dessert plate and that is what I put my food on. Again, reality settled in while I am looking at my pitiful plate. BUT, the plate was covered and that was important to me right then, unlike the empty spots if I had used a regular dinner plate. As I was eating, I realized that I would eat like this for awhile after the surgery...so I thoroughly chewed my food good and really appreciated my food. You know, believe it or not, I actually left a few crumbles on my plate! I didn't feel too bad...but it was a start for me.

Anyway, this is MY memories for Oktoberfest 2008!

Jude =)

You are doing great Jude, keep up the great work, just a few days to go!!!