In need of advice..

Hey ya'll! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. The weather is so pretty that I have been outside with the kids almost all day!

I need some advice. I have 2.3 cc (I think) in my 4cc band. Somedays I have very good restriction (almost too much) and other days I can eat a pretty good bit. I am still NOT losing weight. I was looking back at my calendar and I have only lost 8 lbs since July 1st. I have a fill scheduled for Friday but I am scared it might send me over the edge with restriction, but at the same time I want to start losing again. What should I do? Maybe get a small fill? Don't get one at all? I keep reading that too much restriction will make you gain weight. Could someone explain that to me? I am already not losing and I am scared that if I get overfilled I am gonna start gaining weight.

This weight loss battle is tough! I wish I was still losing weight like I did in the first 3-4 months after surgery. I seem to be stuck. My eating habits have changed drastically and I doubt I get in over 1200 cals a day, yet the weight stays the same! Help!!

Oh Kimmy, I am in the exact same boat...I can eat a little or alot depends on the day and what time it is...I have been feeling some restriction at times, other times I feel like I am dumping.

I called today and I am scheduled for next Wednesday for a teeny weeny fill...maybe .2 or .5 just to tighten things up a little bit...so if you think you need it, do it.

I am nervous too, don't want what happened to JulieBurns to happen to me...but I guess that's the risk we have to take sometimes, right?

Good Luck!!

How many calories per day are you consuming? If it's under 1000 your body has probably gone into starvation mode and won't let you lose anything. Are you eating breakfast? Breakfast really is the most important meal as not eating within an hour or two after waking will also send your body into starvation mode. You can always try keeping a food journal to answer these questions and get in touch with Dr Miranda for suggestions.

Thanks so much for the quick responses!

Evette~Maybe I will get a small tweak. I am just scared I will be sick!

Clynn~ I am not counting my calories right now. (I am a bad girl LOL) but I can tell you that my fill is very tight in the mornings so I rarely eat breakfast. By lunch I can eat about half of a large egg roll, or a piece of toast with some tuna. I don't snack at all and then I eat a small supper ( a child sized plate) I do not drink calories nor do I drink with my meals (it makes me sick!)

I see no reason why I should not be losing at least a lb a week at this point. I had my thyroid checked and it is right on track so that's not it.

Bless your heart! I cannot eat sticky bread or pasta, but if the bread is toasted then I can get one piece down. The egg roll is my fave because it is full of protein, but sometimes it does make me sick. Now eating a hamburger bun or anything like that would have me in the bathroom heaving for hours!! I also can't eat tortilla shells...one bite and I'm sick!

Try cutting down your carbs. Toast and eggroll wrapper are empty carbs and don't have much nutrition value. Try adding a protein shake in the morning if you cannot get solids down. Protein is important. I'll say it again - PROTEIN is IMPORTANT. I dropped three pounds in a week when I started having a protein bar for breakfast instead of nothing. I like EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control products as they don't have much sugar (3 net carbs and 17 grams of protein). They come in shake and bar form. My favorite is the chocolate chip brownie bar.

Thanks Clynn..I am gonna restart my protein bars tomorrow. I hope it helps!

Kim, I remember Dr. Miranda saying "make sure you eat breakfast or everything you eat the rest of the day will go straight to fat." Now I have to be honest in saying that I have NO IDEA what she meant by that and I didn't ask her to clarify either(wish I had asked for a better explanation.) But she said make sure you eat something for breakfast, no matter how small, or your weight loss will stall. This just might be the ticket for you. Even though you have strong restriction in the morning, try a protein shake, even if it's half or a 1/4 of the shake. I haven't had my first fill yet and I am at the point where I can eat more than I would like. I have found that if I drink the protein shake for breakfast, it kicks my hungry for several hours into the day.

I also have heard from several sources throughout the years of my weightloss journey that skipping breakfast sends your body into a DAILY starvation mode. I have always struggled to eat breakfast and it seemed throughout the years, the more I have skipped breakfast the more weight I have gained. It's a terrible habit of mine and I truly believe my choice to not eat breakfast all these years has cost me most of my weight gain. And even though I know it's wrong, I still struggle to break this terrible habit. So try to eat something small for breakfast everyday and see if this helps. I am really trying to work on this myself, too.

Kim, you look absolutely fantastic...maybe your body is settling..mine tends to do that once in awhile and then I drop again....step of the protein, reduce the carbs and you'll do just fine. I am a little scared to get a another fill too..I don't want to be too tight...I will monitor the time of day and see what happens between now and next Wednesday.

Keep up the great work, you are a true inspiration!!

Kimmie, we have the same problem ... breakfast ....

I too sometimes ( o.k. often) skip breakfast, because I am simple too tight and not hungry at all. My body is messing with me as well. There are weeks where I just don't drop a gram and then all of a sudden I lose like 4-5 in a few days. I too need to work on the "breakfast issue" and also on the "getting enough water in".

Keep up the great work - you look AMAZING ><'

Jessica - I'll be in TJ for my hubbies banding next week- I make sure I ask her ;)

Kim, I remember Dr. Miranda saying "make sure you eat breakfast or everything you eat the rest of the day will go straight to fat."

Sorry you are in the dark hole of no weight loss when you are following the plan as you should. I know you'll figure this out. It's so tough though when you want to get to your goal. You have come such a long way and look so great, time may be the only factor that will help. I think the others gave some great suggestions so pick and choose and again you will do this!!

Hugs to ya Kim :lb4:

I have not lost weight in 4-5 weeks. I got really upset and came on the forum and complained, and complained. The advice was to eat what I wanted, to not count calories for a week, to not DIET for a week, to drink H2O (lots) and use protein and see what happened. I have been doing that for a week and have not GAINED or lost a pound. So, I am thinking everyone was right and I am reminding my body that I do eat and I will NOT starve it. Now I am going for a fill tommorrow and with the restriction I will go back to losing weight but it reminded me that my body remembers me starving it in the past and if I don't feed it 3x/day and I cut out too many calories, it gets mad at me and stops. Ellen