My First Fill!!!

Wow how easy my fill was today and as with the surgery, I worried for nothing. I went in at my appointment time and after less than 10 minutes of waiting, the nurse came and got me. She took me into the room, weighed me and took my vitals. Their scale said I'd lost 2 more pounds from my scale, but I'm not going to go by that and wait til tomorrow morning to weigh myself.

She took me into another room and I waited there less than 3 minutes when a young doctor came in and got me. As we were walking back I asked him if he'd done a lot of fills and he said "Nope...this is my first day." I automatically told him to SHUT UP and we both laughed. We went into the fill room and there were nice screens all over the room where I could view the procedure. I layed on the table and he rubbed my tummy with alcohol and then sprayed this COLD stuff on my tummy. He put the machine over the top of my tummy and popped in the needle. I didn't even feel it at all going in. He got it straight in and showed me the needle in the port. Then he gave me water to drink and then we waited. He had put 2 cc's in but then took 1 cc out after we discovered that the water wasn't going anywhere..He then gave me some barium to drink and I watched it go down...it was totally cool to watch!

He popped the needle out and that was it! He put a bandaid on me and said he'd see me next fill!

Is it silly to say that I LOVED IT!!!??? OK that might be a bit strong of an emotion, but it was so awesome and I know that I'm now on my way to losing more!!!

Hi Victoria,

Where did you have your fill done at? If I am correct you live in KC? I live 2 hours from you (if you do live in Kansas City) and I was wondering if there was a decent place in Kansas City to have a fill done. If you did have it done in Kansas City would you be willing to say how much you paid?

Thanks for any info

dawn

Great Vix! See, there was nothing to worry about. I had my 3rd fill today and didn't even feel the needle go in. I wish my dr. did fluro, but he doesn't and I've never had a problem yet.

Good luck with everything and I hope you feel some restriction soon.

Denise

Hi Victoria,

Where did you have your fill done at? If I am correct you live in KC? I live 2 hours from you (if you do live in Kansas City) and I was wondering if there was a decent place in Kansas City to have a fill done. If you did have it done in Kansas City would you be willing to say how much you paid?

Thanks for any info

dawn

Hi Dawns,

Yes I'm in KC and the center is in Overland Park, about 30 minutes south of downtown KC. I went to Weight Loss Surgical Center. They also have offices in Independence, Wichita and Springfield. The cost was $250 and that included the fluoro. I'm not positive, but I believe after the first fill they are only $100. Here is their info:

Weight Loss Surgical Center

(co-located with Citizen's Bank)

8101 West 135th Street

Overland Park, KS 66223

913-814-SLIM (7546)

Toll Free: 800.777.6812

Yeah Vix. So you just have 1 cc in total? Do you feel any restriction at this point? Or no difference. I get my first fill in 6 days. I had it scheduled with flouro, but cancelled and changed it to just a blind fill. But now, I am jealous. It's sounds way cool to see what's going on in there. I guess I will have to wait until my second fill. I am going to alternate the flouro. Anyway, hope things are going well with the fill and also your knee. How is that going?

I am so glad to hear that it went well!!! It's great to be here in KC where we have options for places to go thank goodness! :)

:lb10:

I am so glad this went easy for you, you deserve it.

BTW what's the latest on the knee. Still just waiting to see it it gets better? Have you thought about a second opinion?

Unfortunately Julie, 3 days ago I was just getting dressed and felt a similar tear as I had before and now am really incapacitated. My doc took me off PT for 3 weeks and I'm on Celebrex (hope that's ok with the band). I have a second opinion on the 29th with a doctor that I love. He did surgery on my elbow a couple of years ago and we just got back on his insurance this week...yay. I'm pretty sure I will have to have a knee replacement...so exercise is probably out for me for another couple of months. ;( This is totally a downer! But, although I know I will be slower losing than if I exercise, at least Im not gaining! ;)

Yeah Vix. So you just have 1 cc in total? Do you feel any restriction at this point? Or no difference. I get my first fill in 6 days. I had it scheduled with flouro, but cancelled and changed it to just a blind fill. But now, I am jealous. It's sounds way cool to see what's going on in there. I guess I will have to wait until my second fill. I am going to alternate the flouro. Anyway, hope things are going well with the fill and also your knee. How is that going?

Yeah, just 1 cc. He said with they usually give 4 cc's the first time, but with the 4 cc band, obviously they have to start lower. I definitely do feel a difference. I wasn't hungry at all today and am still on liquids. I drank a protein drink about an hour and 1/2 ago and still feel full. I'm happy that you are getting your fill soon. It was much easier than I expected! ;)

Hi Everybody,

I just got back from my first fill, went to the fill centre usa in Troy MI....the doctor was adorable, her first name is Ivory and that's what she said to call her, how cute eh? I went to stay at my Mom's house the night before and she drove with me, 3 and a half hour drive over the border from Ontario, had no idea where I was going, thank goodness for Mapquest! Drove back to my Mom's and crashed at 9PM, slept until 7 this morning and then drove the last hour to my house. It was a disaster when I got back, teenagers!!!!!

She did a blind fill, 2 cc's in my 4cc band. I feel super, I am still on liquids for today and will add food tomorrow.

I thought I was gaining weight but I weighed in at 200 at the office and 199lbs. this morning at my Mom's!!! What a great rush to be back in one-derland!

I have no hesitation in recommending the Troy fill centre for any one from Ontario looking for a fill Dr. They treated me with nothing but respect even though I went to Mexico....LOL!

Cheers,

KIM

Hi Everybody,

I just got back from my first fill, went to the fill centre usa in Troy MI....the doctor was adorable, her first name is Ivory and that's what she said to call her, how cute eh? I went to stay at my Mom's house the night before and she drove with me, 3 and a half hour drive over the border from Ontario, had no idea where I was going, thank goodness for Mapquest! Drove back to my Mom's and crashed at 9PM, slept until 7 this morning and then drove the last hour to my house. It was a disaster when I got back, teenagers!!!!!

She did a blind fill, 2 cc's in my 4cc band. I feel super, I am still on liquids for today and will add food tomorrow.

I thought I was gaining weight but I weighed in at 200 at the office and 199lbs. this morning at my Mom's!!! What a great rush to be back in one-derland!

I have no hesitation in recommending the Troy fill centre for any one from Ontario looking for a fill Dr. They treated me with nothing but respect even though I went to Mexico....LOL!

Cheers,

KIM

I'm so glad to hear that, Kim! I love the first fill posts. One-derland is a great place to play isn't it??

Jann