Need some good advice, don't know what's going on

:blink: ok, since last thurs. it's like i have about a 3.9 fill. all of a sudden i can't keep anything down. and i mean anything. i have tried eating a bite or two, just a shake, ice cream, mashed potatoes etc, etc and nothing is staying down. i did lose about 5 pounds over the weekend, but now it's all coming back. why has this changed on me all at once.? i haven't had a fill since 7/15/08 and i am at 2.8cc in a 4cc band. Has anyone else had this happen? i am afraid my body will go into starvation. i tried to eat a sucker today and pb'd that too. sometimes i feel that i can't swallow my own spit. :wacko: can anyone tell me what's going on?

thanks,

reneej

:blink: ok, since last thurs. it's like i have about a 3.9 fill. all of a sudden i can't keep anything down. and i mean anything. i have tried eating a bite or two, just a shake, ice cream, mashed potatoes etc, etc and nothing is staying down. i did lose about 5 pounds over the weekend, but now it's all coming back. why has this changed on me all at once.? i haven't had a fill since 7/15/08 and i am at 2.8cc in a 4cc band. Has anyone else had this happen? i am afraid my body will go into starvation. i tried to eat a sucker today and pb'd that too. sometimes i feel that i can't swallow my own spit. :wacko: can anyone tell me what's going on?

thanks,

reneej

Hey Reneej, I only had my band tighten on me once and it was due to pretty bad stress. Can you not keep water down? Thin soups? If not you need to get an unfill immediately and give your band time to relax. Are you stressing? Major life changes? These things can affect our bands. It's been a week, I would start making plans for an emergency unfill. You don't want to get dehydrated which can happen much quicker than you might think!!!

Good luck,

Karen

thanks,

reneej

HI RENEEJ

LAST SPRING THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I HADN'T HAD A FILL FOR A YEAR AND A HALF THEN ONE DAY WATER WOULDN'T GO DOWN. I LIVED LIKE THAT FOR 2 DAYS BEFORE I HAD .4 TAKEN OUT OF THE BAND. EVERYTHINGS BEEN FINE SINCE

thanks karen,

work has been pretty crazy, but i had a day in the midst of all this that i was able to eat. how does it just tighten up by itself? i may call the occ tomorrow and am getting pretty concerned now. and no, i can't get fluids down. i have tried to drink several times today, but it has all come back up. my throat feels like it has a band on it, getting tighter and tighter. and my mouth is watering like crazy, like excessivley. i have also had really hard gas pains in my chest. yes, gas pains, nothing more.

I really need everyones help here.

You need to go wherever you can immediately and get checked for a slipped band or the need for an unfil.. You could have permanent damage already so I urge you to get to your clinic and get checked out. You also could have a band slipping with all the pain you are having. These are the signs of a band that has slipped, exactly what you have described.

Please get yourself to where you can to get checked out ASAP...

If you can't get fluids down then you've got yourself an emergency situation. Not only are you depriving yourself of fluids and sending yourself to dehydration but you could also be causing damage to your stomach. Having a band that's too tight can be cutting off blood flow to your stomach, or constantly vomiting can cause a slip. Get an unfill as quickly as you can.

Hi. I'm Tracey. THe same thing happened to me. I had starting having trouble with my band feeling tight and over 2 visits I had all of my fill removed. But then one morning i woke up and I couldn't keep anything down. I couldn't even take a tiny sip of water. I lived that way for 2 days thinking it would get better. I called Dr Ortiz's clinic on the 3rd day and was told to get to the clinic ASAP. I went the next day. My band had slipped and there was so much swelling by the time I got there that my band could not be saved. I had my band removed in May. I should have realized there was something wrong when I had all my fill remved and I still couldn't eat hardly anything at all. If you are not able to get even water down please call the clinic and talk to one of the Doctors there. I would hate for you to lose your band too.

I am planning to get rebanded soon. Even though I had that bad experiance I still know that getting the band was the best thing i had ever done for myself. I can't wait to get it back.

Good luck to you.

thanks everyone. I am still interested in your comments, what do you think about this? Today, I got a slim fast down with no pbing and I have just eaten a piece of baked fish 3-4 oz. I am tight, but don't feel like pbing. My wonderful husband thought it could have been something I ate a few days ago or a combination of no, no's that may have been stuck at my opening. You know like chicken fetticini and garlic bread. Chicken has been very sticky the last few weeks anyway, but I know I need the protein. I am feeling a little better today. I have to keep postive, I really don't won't an unfill. My Dr. is 3 hours away and I can't get there for days. And going to TJ is out of the question from ALA.

Please keep me in your prayers that this will get better soon. ^_^

I still want to know what everyone thinks about this.

thanks everyone. I am still interested in your comments, what do you think about this? Today, I got a slim fast down with no pbing and I have just eaten a piece of baked fish 3-4 oz. I am tight, but don't feel like pbing. My wonderful husband thought it could have been something I ate a few days ago or a combination of no, no's that may have been stuck at my opening. You know like chicken fetticini and garlic bread. Chicken has been very sticky the last few weeks anyway, but I know I need the protein. I am feeling a little better today. I have to keep postive, I really don't won't an unfill. My Dr. is 3 hours away and I can't get there for days. And going to TJ is out of the question from ALA.

Please keep me in your prayers that this will get better soon. ^_^

I still want to know what everyone thinks about this.

It is possible that you irritated something which caused your stomach to swell and close off. The swelling could also have been caused by hormonal changes or an illness. If you can get liquids down again I would stick to those for a few days so as not to make things worse. Just be honest with yourself about where you are. If you let yourself be influenced by denial you'll end up in a world of hurt. Drink as much as you can to get your fluids back up and if you find yourself unable to do liquids again, get yourself fixed right away either at your fill doctor or at the ER.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I had similar affect. I learned I was not chewing enough, Chicken and Bread I couldn't tolerate. Not to mention I was drinking cold liquids and that isn't a good thing when you have a band. Liquids should not be could, just think of it as cold tightens, warm or room temperature will make it soft.

I had to have my band completely unfilled for two months. I was at 202 when I got the band unfilled and gained 17 pounds back. I went in weighing 221 and in a week went down to 217. I'm so down about it.

To make matters worse I'm having bad pain on my left port area sudden sharp bursts of pain. I'm scared about it. I'm hoping my port hasn't tilted.

I hope you get your situation resolved. I wish you luck and please keep us updated.

Thank you

Ruth

Hey Renee... long time no talk! Glad to hear things are getting better for you. Sounds like you may have been swollen, but things have relaxed. Keep eating the real soft foods.. Do you have a recent pic... I'd love to see your results.. Anita

Yes it has been a long time since I have been on. I have lost several inches, but must admit am a bit dissappointed in the pounds, around 38 pounds now. I did wear a size 12 dress to church Sun, and it was comfortable. Must have been one of those large 12's. I have been banded for about 6 months. I am back on liquids (which sux), hoping this will all subside. I never jump into anything and I am not used to feeling like crap! I am forcing liquids down. Sip, burp, Sip, burp...... :blink:

Anita, you look awesome and very happy, keep it up. I don't know how to put a picture on the forum, but I will try to do something maybe this weekend.

:-h

hey Evette,

Godd to hear from you to. Ewwwwwww a pickle skin. I am thinking maybe it was a peice of food too. And perhaps a lot of swelling involved with that. I am trying to eat liquids and a very few semi solids, just a few bites at a time. I did not get sick at all yesterday. I really appreciate everyone's concerns and prayers, it has helped.

Lynn got another fill and is doing real good. We do stay in touch as much as possible by phone and email. Looks like you're doing great! Keep it up :D

cya

I am so glad you are keeping liquid down. I was really worried about you. Since my unfill I have to be super careful. I do just liquids in the morning until after noon and then sometimes I can eat something solid for lunch , other times I just do a protein shake. I then usually am able to eat a little bit of whatever we are having for dinner if it's band friendly and do. I still Pb once or twice a week though. It's my fault I think because I get in a hurry and don't chew well enough..my bad. I have to stop that because I know it's not good the more you do it.

Anyway gald you are doing ok. Keep us posted.

Hello Renee...

I've been in your situation for about three months. I've had PB issues EVERY day (with the exception of 6) since I had my last fill (in July, with Ute and Dawnie). It's killing me. The ONLY way I can eat without a PB is to drink while I eat tiny, tiny bites. I know - I'm not supposed to drink while I eat, but if I wanted to be bulemic, I didn't need to pay $8K for the chance.

As a result, I eat poorly. A milkshake is GLORIOUS... but deadly to the scales. My typical routine for the longest was to take a small bite (without drinking) about the size of a half-McNugget, maybe a little smaller than a quarter, like a dime. After the third bite, I would get up, excuse myself for a bit, and make sure I carried a napkin to the restroom in case I didnt make it in time.

After the episode, I would take a small drink, and things would go down better, so.... I began to drink while I ate. I want another fill, because I'm to the point where I can eat a large quantity (the drink is defeating the purpose of the band). Lisa and I have been talking of late, and she is working some magic on me, so I will see where she leads me.... And no, I am NOT going to pay $300 for an unfill just to have to pay $300 to have it put back later. The woman talked about power tools, so I'm showing a manly trait of stubborness.

Hope you're well hon, as with D also. Sus and Andrew say hello. Your Bama bunch whooped up on our Tigers, and everyone else they've played. I hope your situation straightens out quickly. It isn't fun, not at all. Keep me in your loop.

Bill

Thanks Will,

Life has been tough the last month, this is driving me nuts. I do good to get 20-24 ozs of liquid down a day and maybe 20 bites of food. I have a call to my fill doctor in now, I am like you, who wants to pay for an unfill and then another fill later :lb12: I have gotten to where a keep a daily headache in my temples too. I am down 40 #'s today, but you would think it would be more. For crying out loud, nothing is going in and when it does, it comes back up.

Gotta have some relief here quick, we will be in New York for Thanksgiving. I am like you, go to a restaurant and immediately look for the bathroom before I order. And yes take your napkin...

Darryl is good, he has been laid off for about 2 months now. ><' to Susan and Andrew.

/cy/a

:unsure: No nothing has really changed yet, tried to eat a very moist chicken wing that stayed down for about 5 minutes. I do have an appointment in Tn with my fill dr. on Thurs. Maybe I can get some relief then.

thanks!

HI Ute,

Congrats to you on your great weight loss. I see you have a 4cc band as well. I was just writing to ask anyone if they had the same size.. Do you know what some people get a 10cc band and then some get this smaller band? I have the 4cc and had my first fill in June of this yr. I had surgery by Dr.Ortiz & Dr. Martinez and they were wonderful.. :o))) Anyways the first fill was 1.5cc Then the second I just had last Tuesday was .5, yet I'm thinking I could have had a bit more as I'd like to feel more restriction as I seem to be eating the same amount.. Could I have a stretched pouch and if so what can be done about that. I guess that'd put me at 2cc. How are you feeling with your fill now and are you done with fills since it's only a 4 cc band? Love to hear from you. Anyone can email me privately at monarch1@sasktel.net

Kindly,

Bernice Parker

Weyburn, Saskatchewan,

Canada

www.sporthorsecanada.com