Lap Band - Side Affects

I would like to know if anyone with the lapband has ever experienced any sharp pain on the left side of their stomachs.

When I say pain I mean a sudden sharp pain, as if it were an electric shock, that fast.

I’m getting these pains and they just started but it has me concerned. I don’t want the sudden bursts to get more frequent and I certainly do not want my port to tilt or move.

If anyone has ideas what it might be or why it’s happening, please advise. And yes I am waiting for my doctor’s office to call me back with an available appointment.

I just feel like when you go see these doctors here in the states they are hesitant in seeing you just because you’ve had surgery (Lap Band) done in Mexico.

Sucks!!

Well, I'm probably not much of help ... buuuuut ....

I had the uncomfortable feeling (port area) like you described in the first few weeks after being banded,

but only if I took a too big of a sip of water or bite to eat (after day 21)

It dissapeared all of a sudden and I haven't gotten that feeling again.

Maybe someone else can help you out ?

I had the left shoulder/neck pain, but not the stomach pain you are describing. I think you did the right thing by calling the doctor. Hopefully, they will call you back with some good advice!

Take care, and let us know what they say.

Denise

Did you hear back from the doctor yet? That sounds really serious! I had port tenderness pain, but nothing like what you are describing.

Keep us posted.

Denise