Another Newbie

Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile and have finally decided to post after much reading about success stories and all the support that is availalbe here. I'm from Calgary, AB and was banded in July at OCC (low BMI) and although don't have as much to lose as some of the others, I'm still having a very hard time losing. I've only lost 13lb since being banded and have had 3 fills already. Currently have 2.4cc in a 4cc band. I'm definately eating less and feeling some restriction but the scale is still not moving. I have type 2 diabetes and polyscistic ovarian syndrome also to add to the mix. Any suggestions on how to re-kickstart this weightloss would be most welcome. Thanks all.

Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile and have finally decided to post after much reading about success stories and all the support that is availalbe here. I'm from Calgary, AB and was banded in July at OCC (low BMI) and although don't have as much to lose as some of the others, I'm still having a very hard time losing. I've only lost 13lb since being banded and have had 3 fills already. Currently have 2.4cc in a 4cc band. I'm definately eating less and feeling some restriction but the scale is still not moving. I have type 2 diabetes and polyscistic ovarian syndrome also to add to the mix. Any suggestions on how to re-kickstart this weightloss would be most welcome. Thanks all.

Hiya fellow, Calgarian! Are you eating enough? Is your body in starvation mode? Are you at least 1200 cals / day and managing breakfast? There is also a post here and I wish I could remember who it was from explaining the variances of weightloss in percentages based on amount you have to lose. It was a really good post. Maybe the original poster will remember it and put in a hyperlink for you. Basically, the lower the amount you have to lose the longer it takes in a nutshell.

Are you following all the bandster rules? Proteins, veg, fruit, starch, chewing 20 to 30 times, portion control, all that good stuff? Are you getting in some degree of exercise? Are you getting in all your water? Multivitamins? Calcium citrate? If you are doing all of that and whatever I forgot to include try going back to liquids/mushy's and jump starting. There is also a post on here from long ago on plateau busting with a hyperlink to a program that has been successful for others. I just can't remember it at the moment.

Have to run, I'm supposed to be working. G'luck!

Jann

Hiya fellow, Calgarian! Are you eating enough? Is your body in starvation mode? Are you at least 1200 cals / day and managing breakfast? There is also a post here and I wish I could remember who it was from explaining the variances of weightloss in percentages based on amount you have to lose. It was a really good post. Maybe the original poster will remember it and put in a hyperlink for you. Basically, the lower the amount you have to lose the longer it takes in a nutshell.

Are you following all the bandster rules? Proteins, veg, fruit, starch, chewing 20 to 30 times, portion control, all that good stuff? Are you getting in some degree of exercise? Are you getting in all your water? Multivitamins? Calcium citrate? If you are doing all of that and whatever I forgot to include try going back to liquids/mushy's and jump starting. There is also a post on here from long ago on plateau busting with a hyperlink to a program that has been successful for others. I just can't remember it at the moment.

Have to run, I'm supposed to be working. G'luck!

Jann

Thanks for your response Jann. I am averaging 1200 cal - somedays a bit more and somedays a bit less...not too great with drinking lots of water though but try and drink at least 4 glasses (more if i can manage). I'm not taking calcium citrate though - is that supposed to help with weight loss too? Trying to follow the rules but sometimes not eating solid protein (i'll have lentil soup or something like that). You've given me lots of good suggestions and stuff to think about so i will definately try some of the things i'm not doing already.

:lb4:

I've heard staggering calories also works. It's like one day you eat 1000, next 1400, next 1200 next 1100, next 1400 etc. It's also been talked about more thoroughly on here as well.

It's touch when you're not losing as you'd like. I've sure been there. You will do this as long as you hang in there.