I am a bandster!

MimIN

I was banded 9/27/06 by Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez. This was by far the best experience of my life. I was in and out in no time at all. All the staff were fantastic, esp Carmalita and Sandra. They both kept me entertained. It is really hard to believe that finally after all the work and wait I am banded! I love everyone at OCC, this has changed my life.

Miriam,

What a comparison to read this post and think of your "I think I'm going to die" post. What a difference. It made me smile. Aren't you glad that you did it. I know I am. It was amazing, and I am so excited to be living with the band. Congratulations!!!

Becki

Reading back on the previous posts I am kind of embarassed, lol. When I panick there is no hiding it. I must admit that the first 10 minutes or so I was at the clinic I was still apprehensive. Carmelita didn't have the plug ready for my IV thing and I was bleeding all over the joint, I almost got up and walked out but my friend Kim kept me at bay reassuring me that it was an accident and could have happened to anyone.

Dr. Ortiz is great. He has a great bedside manor, he sat in my room like we were old friends as he explained the process. My friend Kim that came with me has a morbid curiosity for things of gore (jk) and asked if she could come in the OR and watch - with my permission Dr. Ortiz said YES! I thought that was very cool and was comforting knowing she was there watching over me every step of the way.

Carmalita kept me laughing as she constantly doted over all of us there. I sent her into a panic a few times as a flailed my IV hand around, maybe afraid of a repeat of our first IV encounter;)

Over all it was a wonderful experience and I would do it again tomorrow. Right now I am sitting at the Kansas City airport awaiting my connection - now I can't wait to get home! (2 more hours)

HI Deb,

Hope you are feeling better. Did you call Dr Martinez or Ortiz?

Are you still on clears???

Have you gone back to work yet???

I went back today..did managment so not too bad but have to do clinical work tomorrow.

Take care and let me know how you and Rick are doing.

Peggy Florida

HI Deb,

Hope you are feeling better. Did you call Dr Martinez or Ortiz?

Are you still on clears???

Have you gone back to work yet???

I went back today..did managment so not too bad but have to do clinical work tomorrow.

Take care and let me know how you and Rick are doing.

Peggy Florida

Hi Peggy:

How are you? I tried drinkable yogurt today only because I have to take 3 Doctors to lunch tomorrow and not sure what will be there to have (soup) I wanted to make sure I would tolerate things other than clear. I told Dr. Miranda while I was there and it was okay. I felt okay, a few waves of nausea, but not sure if it was related to the yogurt or not.

I feel good, but do have discomfort from the port site. It is like when I sit it creates pressure or something. Other than that I feel good. I did work 8 hours Monday at our business and did okay. I go back to work tomorrow at my other job--it is a spa so not too stressful, just concerned about lunch.

Peggy, you must have been very tired if you did not get home until 1:00 AM on Sunday!! Poor girl!!

You asked about how much fluid was enough-I understood that to be 1/2 cup at a time. I do not believe there are limits (within reason).

Take care and we will talk soon,

Deb

Rick has been great-he has been taking care of me :)

You asked about how much fluid was enough-I understood that to be 1/2 cup at a time. I do not believe there are limits (within reason).

Please make sure that you are getting in enough liquids, 1/2 cup at a time. I was really bad about this. I just didn't feel like drinking any more...and I ended up with kidney stones. They are pretty painful, and completely my fault for not drinking enough. So sip constantly!!

Becki