I have a new game plan..

Okay so obviously what I have been doing to lose weight is NOT working anymore! I am assuming my body got used to it and it just stopped working. I am gonna do Atkins for a month or so and see if that will kickstart my weight loss again. I have tried Atkins pre-band and failed miserably at it. Carbs are my downfall. However, since I can't tolerate many of my fave evil foods anymore, I am thinking that this might actually do the trick this time!

If anyone has any great Atkins suggestions or hints I would love to hear about them. Thanks again for the wonderful advice and friendship all of you have given me.

Hello,

I've been doing Atkins since my surgery, and it's thankfully been working out WONDERFULLY! As of now I've been keeping under 20 carbs a day.

For my sweet cravings, I eat sugar free Reeses and caramel filled Hershey squares--it's amazing! And for just five pieces of either kind is just 2 carbs. I also love the York peppermint patties--just 1 carb for 3 of them.

Also, my favorite food at this point (not really sure if you're interested in this kind of stuff :)) is "cheese chips". I just take shredded cheddar (motzarella works also) and put it on non-stick foil in circles (like make a thin pile of the cheese) and bake it in the oven for like 8-10 min. They come out DELICIOUS and they're super low carb. I usually spread some butter or Smart Balance on the chips and it tastes great!

If you need any other suggestions just ask.

Good luck!

--TRS

Kim,

I don't want to sway you because I personally know how hard the struggle is with regards to weight loss. Have you looked at the Zone or the South Beach diets? I only ask because they stress low fat protein choices where Atkins allows bacon, beef, etc. It may be a better option for us to focus on leaner protein choices for the long run. You are doing great and are a huge inspiration to me. I hope you get your numbers moving again. I am sure your plateau you are in right now is natural and just your body telling you it needed a break. You have done so well and will make your goals, I am positive of that!

Anyway, I just wanted to remind you about South Beach and the Zone because IMHO they are better "diets" than the Atkins to adhere to. I have lost weight on Atkins, but unfortunately always gained it back rather quickly the second I let carbs enter my life again. Oh those evil, evil, carbs <sigh>.... ;)

Thanks for the responses! I am gonna just cut back on my carbs a good bit and see how that works, without doing the full force Atkins diet. As for gaining it all back, I hope that would not be possible with the lapband to help me.

Thanks for the responses! I am gonna just cut back on my carbs a good bit and see how that works, without doing the full force Atkins diet. As for gaining it all back, I hope that would not be possible with the lapband to help me.

If I remember right,, if you go to some Atkins Forum websites,, they will have posted this diet that will jump start the weight loss if your at a stand still. I can't remember what it is though. It was some sort of 3 or 4 day thing they did. You'll have to look for it. Tonight I'll run into this girl I know and she was a hard core Atkins dieter,, I remember she mentioned it to me a couple times. I'll try to get the scoop on it.

I am very interesting inany ideas or recipes you may have! I had my surgery last week Wed, and I am on day 6 with the clear liquids, then the next 2 weeks with creamy soups, but starting day 22 is when I will be starting solid foods...I want to prepare myself with some ideas of what to eat.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jude =)

I am very interesting inany ideas or recipes you may have! I had my surgery last week Wed, and I am on day 6 with the clear liquids, then the next 2 weeks with creamy soups, but starting day 22 is when I will be starting solid foods...I want to prepare myself with some ideas of what to eat.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jude =)

First of all Kim I think youhave a good idea. Changing things up will hopefully be the ticket you need to lose those remaining pounds. I wish you best of luck on this.

Now Jude I am sure you may have done this but check out the recipe section. Also there are a couple of highly recommended cookbooks people have used on here but I can't remember the names...they are for people who have had WLS and I have heard good things. So ok friends what are their names?

So true Evette! I just know that was working for me before has stopped working and it is making me crazy to see the scales go up and down, up and down. Even though I am not eating too many calories, I think I am getting way too many carbs in which is keeping me from losing. I am still gonna eat some carbs, but for instance for a snack I usually have an oats n honey granola bar or a cup of popcorn. I am changing that to a beef jerkey stick or a hunk of cheese. I am just very excited to see if this is gonna work. The hardest part for me would be no bread, but since I can't eat bread now I think this will be perfect.

Okay so obviously what I have been doing to lose weight is NOT working anymore! I am assuming my body got used to it and it just stopped working. I am gonna do Atkins for a month or so and see if that will kickstart my weight loss again. I have tried Atkins pre-band and failed miserably at it. Carbs are my downfall. However, since I can't tolerate many of my fave evil foods anymore, I am thinking that this might actually do the trick this time!

If anyone has any great Atkins suggestions or hints I would love to hear about them. Thanks again for the wonderful advice and friendship all of you have given me.

OK, I know this real hard core Atkins Dieter,, she told me that the Atkins people do one of three things to jump start their weight loss. I've never done any of them,, so don't quote me that these work or not. You could go to some Atkins forums and find the info. Sorry Kim, But being a moderator here at the forum stops me from posting those Atkins fasts. You'll have to find that info on your own,, but I can say its easy to find. LOL

Thanks Dolittle for all the info! LMAO I will go see what I can find! Hahaha

Okay it was the 5 day pouch test... but I did find this info Kim... this is from the "Curves" workout plan..

The program has three parts: a 1- to 2-week jump-start phase, a second phase that lasts as long as needed, and a weight-maintenance phase. When you hit a weight-loss plateau, you get off the diet and follow a 2,500- to 3,000-calorie metabolic tune-up plan. Eating this larger amount of food helps rev up metabolism, since the body has to burn more calories. Once you’ve lost weight, you eat the same higher-calorie levels used on the tune-up plan.

I have heard something like this before... just food for thought.. not sure if I would increase my caloric intake that much... but maybe by 500 calories a day might do it? Good Luck Kim...

Okay it was the 5 day pouch test... but I did find this info Kim... this is from the "Curves" workout plan..

The program has three parts: a 1- to 2-week jump-start phase, a second phase that lasts as long as needed, and a weight-maintenance phase. When you hit a weight-loss plateau, you get off the diet and follow a 2,500- to 3,000-calorie metabolic tune-up plan. Eating this larger amount of food helps rev up metabolism, since the body has to burn more calories. Once you’ve lost weight, you eat the same higher-calorie levels used on the tune-up plan.

I have heard something like this before... just food for thought.. not sure if I would increase my caloric intake that much... but maybe by 500 calories a day might do it? Good Luck Kim...

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...387&hl=Jann

This five day pouch test?

Jann

Guest CaraMBA09
Hello,

I've been doing Atkins since my surgery, and it's thankfully been working out WONDERFULLY! As of now I've been keeping under 20 carbs a day.

For my sweet cravings, I eat sugar free Reeses and caramel filled Hershey squares--it's amazing! And for just five pieces of either kind is just 2 carbs. I also love the York peppermint patties--just 1 carb for 3 of them.

Also, my favorite food at this point (not really sure if you're interested in this kind of stuff :)) is "cheese chips". I just take shredded cheddar (motzarella works also) and put it on non-stick foil in circles (like make a thin pile of the cheese) and bake it in the oven for like 8-10 min. They come out DELICIOUS and they're super low carb. I usually spread some butter or Smart Balance on the chips and it tastes great!

If you need any other suggestions just ask.

Good luck!

--TRS

HOLY guacamole...you have lost 118 lbs in 10 months?

That is amazing and inspiring!

i never had the stomach to do the atkins (can't handle alot of meat) but i was on carb addicts for a long time. my fav small meal or snack was wings and veggie sticks. i found that when i was feeling sorry for myself for not being able to eat what everyone ate, the wings made me feel like i was one of those skinny chics who could eat whatever they want! yes, they're high in fat but having only 4 or so and veggies is not about to pack on the pounds ;)

i never had the stomach to do the atkins (can't handle alot of meat) but i was on carb addicts for a long time. my fav small meal or snack was wings and veggie sticks. i found that when i was feeling sorry for myself for not being able to eat what everyone ate, the wings made me feel like i was one of those skinny chics who could eat whatever they want! yes, they're high in fat but having only 4 or so and veggies is not about to pack on the pounds ;)

Wings run on average 90 cals per wing, hun! I nearly died when I found that out.

Jann

That's it Michelle.. thank you!!

I think this is what Anita was talking about:

This is the 5 day pouch test link: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5262

This is about Weight Loss Plateaus: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5868

Kim,

First of all, congrats on how far you have come. Second, I am in the same boat. How frustrating is it?! I can eat really well and nothing, or I can make some poor choices...and nothing. I am in the gym a little here and there (excuses excuses, but sometimes there arent enough hours in the day). I def. think Im going to try this for a month and see where it gets me.

No one said itd be easy that is for sure and that has been proven to me these last 2-3 months with nothing happening on the scale. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!! ! :D