banded today 10/14

Hi Crimson!

Congrats to you! I was banded last week Wed, 10/8. OCC and the staff were great with me too. They also fix my hiatal too. Give yourself some good rest and remember to SIP, SIP, SIP and WALK, WALK, WALK. This will help any gas you may have and relieve some pain too. When I was there, I had walked the hallways every 2 hours, even in the wee hours of the morning and I didn't have that much gas in me when I was released in the morning.

Take care and keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Jude =)

Congrats! I was banded last Friday! I had a hiatal also! I guess it is true, 1 out of 5 people have that and never know it! WOW! I hope you get to feeling better real soon! Don't worry, the liquid diet is not all that bad. Atleast I have been so far and I am on my 5th day!

Hi all,

Feeling ok, not great. Got the hiatal fixed so this seems to be causing a bit of pain. The clinic and staff are very nice. They have decided that I cannot drink since I am having nausea, but stick to ice and popiscles. I guess I will go walking a few minutes again.

Congrats on the surgery! I'm scheduled for this Friday, October 17, 2008. I'm scared because I haven't lost the 10 lbs I was supposed to by surgery day. Are they strict about that? I'm 5'7" and currently weight 216. I was supposed to be at 208 by surgery day. They've already cashed my check so I'm sure they won't turn my away on Friday. We'll see.....

Lety ;)

Congrats on the surgery! I'm scheduled for this Friday, October 17, 2008. I'm scared because I haven't lost the 10 lbs I was supposed to by surgery day. Are they strict about that? I'm 5'7" and currently weight 216. I was supposed to be at 208 by surgery day. They've already cashed my check so I'm sure they won't turn my away on Friday. We'll see.....

Lety ;)

I would try to lose what you can before then. Have you called Dr. Miranda and told her? I would do that!

My band date is coming up, too... Monday the 20th.

Even though I'm being banded at a hospital in PA, I certainly have learned my mantra from this forum, yes indeed:

Sip Sip Sip, Walk Walk Walk.

Oh, and going to stock up on popsicles this weekend. :P

Hi all,

Feeling ok, not great. Got the hiatal fixed so this seems to be causing a bit of pain. The clinic and staff are very nice. They have decided that I cannot drink since I am having nausea, but stick to ice and popiscles. I guess I will go walking a few minutes again.

Welcome to the other side, Crimson!!!! There's nowhere to go but down now!

Jann

I would try to lose what you can before then. Have you called Dr. Miranda and told her? I would do that!

Thanks..I'll try to drop as much as I can before Friday. I should be OK since I'm only drinking Opitfast Shakes until then. I can usually drop 7 lbs in a week if I exercise 40 min on the treadmill, drink 96 oz (3 liters) of water/Crystal Light and drink my 5 Optifast shakes a day. I call them anyways to let them know.

Lety ;)

I had my surgery last friday the 10th and did not loose the full amount. Noone ever said anything to me. I had to loose ten and lost about 5. Hope it works out. Keep trying!!!