To and from OCC in one day?

Since I am traveling alone, I would prefer not to stay the night in TJ and just fly home the same day as the fill. Is that possible. If I could get to SD at around 10:15 am and fly out at 5:00pm. Would that be enough time for the fill and to return to the airport? Has anyone done it?

Are you going to use the OCC van to get across the border? Shouldn't be a problem, since the fill really only takes a couple minutes. My husband and I drive to TJ (five hour drive), walk across the border, get a fill, and head back home in one day. The border crossing hasn't been very busy the last few times we have been there.

The only problem might be if you find they filled you too tight. For that reason it is sometimes better to spend a night in the area so you can get an adjustment if necessary.

That's what I've always done. You should be fine just mention to the driver and Claudia what time your return flight is. I've even done a 9a.m. land and left at 2:30 but it was close! You just never know with the border. This is your first fill right? I doubt you'll be too tight. I think typically when and IF someone is too tight it's 2nd or 3rd fill.

Why would you not want to stay the night in TJ? I loved the hotel and can't get enough of the Nascaresque cab drivers. Go play some Mexican frogger, smoke a couple of Cuban cigars, listen to "Hey pretty lady. It's my turn! Come into my shop, I'm the owner. Nothing over $1." Ah yes, that takes me back.

I've done it, but I'm in Phoenix.

From SD, it will be a tough run. AM flight to SD, plan 2 hours to get over the border, 2 at center, 2 to get back... you certainly won't always need all that time, but you do have to plan for it. 6 hour pad, 2 hour airport wait, PM flight out.

8 hour window. Doable. It's a lot to ask, really it depends on flight schedules.

I'm also figuring that you'll do the trolley and shuttle to a taxi. Otherwise, you'll also have to calculate in the OCC shuttle schedule.

I didn't do it myself, but a couple that arrived the same time had planned to return that afternoon.

The time getting across the border going back is the big unknown. I suggest getting your fill mid-week, the crossing on Fridays and Saturday are the busiest.

Since I am traveling alone, I would prefer not to stay the night in TJ and just fly home the same day as the fill. Is that possible. If I could get to SD at around 10:15 am and fly out at 5:00pm. Would that be enough time for the fill and to return to the airport? Has anyone done it?

Let's see...it would take about 30 minutes to get to T.J. from the airport.

I got my first fill last week...they made me wait 1 hour and 45 minutes to get the fill.

The actual fill took 5 minutes.

2 hours to get back across the border.

20 minutes to get back to the airport.

You'll be cutting it close, but should have enough time. :) I haven't done it because I live in San Diego, but I'd say you should be okay. Just make it clear when you check in for your fill that you're on a time schedule because Mexico runs on it's own time frame.

I did it on my first fill got in had a alittle wait at the airport as they were picking up other patients. They did my fill in 10 minutes. We took some people back to the hotel and had about a hour wait at the border. Made it to the aiport with 30 minutes to spare. Even with a small fender bender at the border with another vehicle. Hope this helps.

You need time to heal. I am at OCC (banded yesterday), and it is NUTS to think traveling any long period of time is a good thing. I'm not dieing or anything like that, but its uncomfortable; and thats what most other around here are saying too.

Spend the night here. Walk around and have crash durby with your IV in the hall as you walk around. You won't regret the investment to heal.

Taz