Kim2bslim - how are you doing?

I was just thinking about you and wondering how your low carb plan was going? I got my first fill, yesterday. I am hoping I will start dropping again because of it. It has been almost 4 months since my surgery so I had a huge gap before getting my first fill. My dr. requires a diet progression after fills. 2 days of full liquids, 2 days of mushies and then on to 'real food'. I am on the full liquids now which if nothing else may help me break this stupid plateau! ;)

Anyway, I was wondering how you were doing because I know you have been struggling a bit.

I also started the "body for life" program last week. It is an older book, but one of the guys at work was telling me about it. It is a pretty good program so I am anxious to see if that helps too. Yesterday was my leg workout and I did 48 lunges on top of my normal routine and I can barely walk today. I guess that is a good sign, right? ;)

Hang in there and hope you are doing well. Give us an update!

Hey! I hope you get good restriction with your fill this time. It helps so much! It sounds like you are right on track.

I am losing again!! I have lost 5 lbs this week doing the low carb thing! I hit 170 today which means I have lost 70 lbs since March! I am on cloud 9...

I knew I was getting in way too many carbs and this diet is perfect for me right now since I can't eat bread anyway. My downfall was snacking on some chips here and some crackers there. Now that I have cut that out and I am eating lots of lean protein those scales are moving on down! I feel great!

Hey! I hope you get good restriction with your fill this time. It helps so much! It sounds like you are right on track.

I am losing again!! I have lost 5 lbs this week doing the low carb thing! I hit 170 today which means I have lost 70 lbs since March! I am on cloud 9...

I knew I was getting in way too many carbs and this diet is perfect for me right now since I can't eat bread anyway. My downfall was snacking on some chips here and some crackers there. Now that I have cut that out and I am eating lots of lean protein those scales are moving on down! I feel great!

Holy smokes! Five pounds this week and it's only Thursday?! Jumpin'! Well done!

Jann

That is awesome! I was hoping you had some results. I think once I am on regular food again I will keep the carbs to a minimum too. I bought some 'protein bullets' so I had some options after my fill and I have noticed that having the extra protein helps a lot. I will be curious to see if that works with my weight this week too.

Congrats on hitting 170! I am shooting to be under 200 by Christmas. 170 seems like a dream to me. ;)

Again, glad it is working for you!!!

:)

Hi Kim,

I was wondering how you were doing too! So glad your fill was a successful one and losing 5 lbs in one week - that is AWESOME! I am interesting in any low-carb recipes you are doing, in addition to cutting down on the chips and crackers (my favs too!). Can you share a few?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments! I am so glad this is working.

Jude~

I really don't make anything different than I used to. For breakfast I have 2 slices of bacon (eggs don't go down well for me) For lunch I usually have a green salad with ranch dressing, snacks are a stick of cheese or a beef jerkey, dinner usually consists of a chicken breast or pork chop with green beans. It is very easy to follow since I can't tolerate bread anyway!

Aw Kim - thanks for replying back so quickly! AND most of all, to give me a sample of your daily intake...it's awesome and you know what? It's the kind of foods I like. I think I will try this when I get on my solids...

Thanks and keep up the good work!