Bringing home new "Baby"

I have been secretly hunting for a new addition to our family. It had to be a smaller dog that was submissive since my Abby dog had been attacked over a year ago and since then barks non stop at all large dogs. Well I found the right new addition Thursday. I am up early today as it is a very special day for me. I am going to pick up my new little one at 10:00. He weighs 15.8 pounds and is all black with a white chest and a Dachshund mix dog from the humane society. I have always loved these Doxie dogs and even had one for a short while but had to give him to a friend due to my work schedule changing. He was surrendered by his family as they had to move and couldn't take him with them. He is 2.6 years old and a bundle of love. Whatever the "mix" part is that is his personality of a very submissive, shy, easy going, gentle little guy. Not the typical dachshund personality that can be dominent. He does have the long body but his face almost looks like a little cocker spaniel puppy, with smaller ears. I spent over 2 hours with him and my Abby dog on Thursday out walking and just hanging out in an outdoor space at the humane society to make sure it was a good fit. He was getting "fixed" yesterday so I had to wait to bring him home until today. I even had to call in sick to work to be able to get him today...sshhhhhh don't tell anyone!! His name is "Gumby". Not so keen on the name but I can't change it now as he is too old but I am sure I'll learn to love it too. Now all that has to be done is the transition time necessary for him to adjust to my 20# ragdoll cat. He did live with cats and dogs before so that's good for him. I know after awhile they will all be great "pac" members".

I'll try to figure out how to post a pic but don't hold your breath. Have a great weekend all.

I have been secretly hunting for a new addition to our family. It had to be a smaller dog that was submissive since my Abby dog had been attacked over a year ago and since then barks non stop at all large dogs. Well I found the right new addition Thursday. I am up early today as it is a very special day for me. I am going to pick up my new little one at 10:00. He weighs 15.8 pounds and is all black with a white chest and a Dachshund mix dog from the humane society. I have always loved these Doxie dogs and even had one for a short while but had to give him to a friend due to my work schedule changing. He was surrendered by his family as they had to move and couldn't take him with them. He is 2.6 years old and a bundle of love. Whatever the "mix" part is that is his personality of a very submissive, shy, easy going, gentle little guy. Not the typical dachshund personality that can be dominent. He does have the long body but his face almost looks like a little cocker spaniel puppy, with smaller ears. I spent over 2 hours with him and my Abby dog on Thursday out walking and just hanging out in an outdoor space at the humane society to make sure it was a good fit. He was getting "fixed" yesterday so I had to wait to bring him home until today. I even had to call in sick to work to be able to get him today...sshhhhhh don't tell anyone!! His name is "Gumby". Not so keen on the name but I can't change it now as he is too old but I am sure I'll learn to love it too. Now all that has to be done is the transition time necessary for him to adjust to my 20# ragdoll cat. He did live with cats and dogs before so that's good for him. I know after awhile they will all be great "pac" members".

I'll try to figure out how to post a pic but don't hold your breath. Have a great weekend all.

Aw Julie! Sounds so sweet! Guess what? Yesterday my Dad was driving and out darting in the road is a lil 3 lb Chi! (I already have 2). He almost hit her, jumped out and got her and stopped the on coming traffic. Anyway, there were no tags or anything on her! I can't imagine a precious lil dog with no tags. We are going to look for signs and if we don't find anything, either keep her or find her a home. Taking her to a shelter is NOT an option. I am so glad you rescued one! Have fun with Gumby! :)

Julie!

Congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to see his picture when you do post him. I just love animals, especially the rescued. I have always gone to the humane society for my additions.

Have fun and keep us posted on his progress...this too shall help you focus on your weight loss too, because you are so happy! ((HUGS!))

I have made a commitment to myself and our dog family that by having the privilege of having 2 dogs I now MUST be responsible and do the walking necessary for their best interest, and mine too!! I love Cesaer Milan, the dog whisperer, and he insists on daily walks for the health of all dogs. My time has come to step up to the plate. I would rarely walk Abby as we have have 1/3 acre fenced. I have needed a little zapp to get me out there walking and this is it.

OH GOODY GOODY GOODY!!!!! And kudos to you for rescuing a shelter dog, YEAH!!!!! If you want to e-mail a pic to me I can post it for you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Awww that is so fantastic!!! I want a dog so bad, but i'm never home so I just can't do it right now. But someday I want several! I can't wait to see pics!!!!