jaazy jude, this is for you

mbm

Jude, here is the recipe. I changed it by using only 1 can of stock, and 1 1/2 cups left over mashed potatos. Mine were instant, I am sorry to say, but worked a treat. Also, instead of pureeing the whole batch of soup, I just skimmed out the onions,mashed potatoes, and celery, put them in the blender with a little broth, and whirled that, and added it back. Also, I cooked the onion and celery longer so it would smush better. I used a sharp white cheddar, but that can go with your preference. It is SO much better than any packaged soup mix. I actually am looking forward to leftovers tonight........

Ingredients

* 2 teaspoons olive oil

* 1 cup diced onion

* 1 cup diced celery

* 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth

* 2 cups mashed potatoes

* 8 ounces shredded Cheddar

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

* 1 teaspoon dry mustard

* Hot sauce, optional

Directions

Add oil to a large pot set over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften. Add stock and mashed potatoes and bring to a simmer.

Using a hand blender or regular blender, puree soup until smooth (when using a regular blender, work in batches to prevent messy cleanups!). Add Cheddar, salt, white pepper, dry mustard and hot sauce. Stir to combine and allow the cheese to melt.

Mary Beth - you are a sweetheart! Thanks so much for sharing this - I like the idea about adding hot sauce! I will try this tomorrow. I'll let you know how it tastes!

Hope all is well with you? I've lost only 10 lbs since the surgery...so much for me to wait until my one month anniversary on Nov 8. HA! But I just couldn't resist since I am not at work and hubby is out hunting.

OK...I will report back to you soon!

Hi Everyone...the above recipe came from my bandster buddy, Mary Beth. We were banded together on the same day, Oct 8. She is from Tennessee. She loves to read our posts as I encouraged her to do so, since you all have helped me out soooo much. Please welcome her! :)

Hi Everyone...the above recipe came from my bandster buddy, Mary Beth. We were banded together on the same day, Oct 8. She is from Tennessee. She loves to read our posts as I encouraged her to do so, since you all have helped me out soooo much. Please welcome her! :)

Welcome Mary Beth! Jump on in!

Jann