6 months and I have learned who is the boss

I was banded in April. I have not lost much at all since then. ...only a total of 10 lbs. I had my first fill in June and only got 1cc in a 4cc band. I finally went back for my 2nd fill a week ago. They gave me 1.6cc total. WOW... talk about restriction!

On Tuesday (just after our Thanksgiving) I put some cold turkey on a plate and started picking at it, absentmindely, while working on the computer. All of a sudden my chest started to hurt. Then it hurt more and MORE AND MORE. Pretty soon the pain was so intense I was sweating and gasping for breath. My mouth started to foam and I had to keep spitting it out. Then pain wouldn't stop until finally I brought up some of the turkey. Turkey coming up DOES NOT taste nearly as good coming up as it did going down. THe pain gradually eased but didn't go away completely. About 6 hours later I thought I would have a cup of tea. The tea seemed to go down fine and although I was cautious about eating, because my chest still hurt, I thought I would have a bite of my daughter's apple pie. I chewed the pie well and swallowed. The pain started again. Intense pain that felt like someone was shoving a rock down my chest and stabbing me in the back at the same time. My mouth kep foaming up and I had to keep spitting it out. I kept coughing and finally brought up the apple pie. Still my mouth kept foaming and I had to keep running to the toilet to spit it up. I was exhausted and went to bed but I couldn't lie down because I felt like I was drowning and my back was killing me. I fell asleep sitting up and kept waking up coughing.

The next day I only did liquids. I couldn't have eaten solids if I was to try because I felt raw inside.

Since then I have learned to eat TINY bites and chew, chew, chew. I'm amazed at how little I'm eating. I'm estimating 5 regular fork fulls MAX! Today we went out for lunch. I had greek salad, one skewer of chicken souvlaki and pita bread. I started with the chicken... nibble, nibble, nibble. Tried a few chunks of tomato and cucumber (my favorites) nibble, nibble, nibble, pita bread, FORGET IT!!! You know what... less than a quarter of the way into my meal I was STUFFED. I was feeling very full, no pain in the chest, just full.

The good news... I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down 4 lbs!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Finally the scaled moved. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my next weigh-in next Saturday, but I'm feeling good. ...different feeling about the band. It's boss. I will obey it's rules. I will cut up my food into little bites and chew it WELL!!!

I'm thinking this wasn't a bad idea after all. :D

Isn't it amazing when you finally hit restriction and the band lets you know right away who's boss!

Hope you're feeling better, sounds like you have figured out the tiny tiny bites and chew chew chew!

Keep us posted, congrats on the 4lb loss! It's all downhill from here baby!

Wow, Being new and not having any fills yet this reminds me of the rules. I have noticed that since it has been near 5 weeks since I have been off the liquid diet, I have been slacking with the rules. Just because I have not felt any harm from not following them. Thanks for reminding me to take it slowly.

Thanks for the post...I just had my first fill about 10 days ago and I am not feeling restriction like you are describing. I was wondering if the fill was enough, 2 cc's in my 4 cc band...I think I may need to go back for a touch more after reading about your experience. I don't want to go for months without any significant loss.

Cheers,

KIM