Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup ~ Version I

JazzyJude

My Aunt made this a lot when she was on Weight Watcher's. It is so different but oh so good during this Fall/Winter season. If you are on the 'creamy soup' stage (just take out the chicken).

NOTE: This is a very simple recipe. Make sure you make this in a 5 or 6 qt crockpot, it makes a LOT, or you can halve it, and it would fit in a 3.5 qt crockpot.

Crockpot BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP ~ Version I

Ingredients:

6 cups milk (I used 1%)

3 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup

3 cups cooked, shredded Chicken (thigh meat might work best if you have good restriction)

1 cup Sour Cream (I used fat free)

1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot)

Directions:

1. Preheat crockpot.

2. Put all ingredients in the crockpot on low/med for about 4 hours, until soup is hot. Depending on your crockpot, you may want to increase the heat to HIGH and stir frequently.

NOTE: If you are having this during the creamy soup stage, still use the chicken pieces as it does give the soup extra poultry flavor through out the soup mixture. Freeze the chicken pieces for later use!

My Aunt made this a lot when she was on Weight Watcher's. It is so different but oh so good during this Fall/Winter season. If you are on the 'creamy soup' stage (just take out the chicken).

NOTE: This is a very simple recipe, make sure you make this in a 5 or 6 qt crock pot, it makes a LOT, or you can halve it, and it would fit in a 3.5 qt crock pot.

BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP

Ingredients:

6 cups milk (I used 1%)

3 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup

3 cups cooked, shredded Chicken (thigh meat might work best if you have good restriction)

1 cup Sour Cream (I used fat free)

1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot)

Directions:

Put everything in the crock pot on LOW, for about 4 hours.

OoOOO, I'll be having this b4 end of week! Thanks!

Jann

LOL! Believe it or not...I am having that tonight too without the chicken piesces (darn this 'creamy soup' stage!)...but after Oct 29, watch out! I've a few more recipes of soups, stews and chilis...perfect season for them!! I'll post in a the next couple of days...

Let me know how you like this soup!!

LOL! Believe it or not...I am having that tonight too without the chicken piesces (darn this 'creamy soup' stage!)...but after Oct 29, watch out! I've a few more recipes of soups, stews and chilis...perfect season for them!! I'll post in a the next couple of days...

Let me know how you like this soup!!

Jude, where were you when I was on creamies?!! I love this soup. I can't keep my spoon out of it. It's like the old days, walk by and dip the spoon every time you go in the kitchen kinda good. I used 1/4 cup of Frank's -- I'm glad I didn't use more but that's just me. I can also see expanding this recipe to include more veggies!

I'm in love, thanks!

Jann

Oh trust me, with this soup you can do lots of variations! I've turned it into a veggie soup before using zucchinis and squash...oh you name it, I did it! HA!

So glad you enjoyed it! I had it also yesterday with out the chicken...hubby ate them! I have also tried turkey meat too, as well with sone different kinds of fish. It's amazing how creative you can get with this soup!

• 1 month later...

This is just the perfect time to have this soup! I mixed chicken and turkey, added carrots and broccoli and it's very yummy! Has anyone else tried a different variation on this soup? I would love to hear it. Also, what kind of hot sauces are you using? I am using the Frank's Red Hot Orginial sauce.

I made this soup yesterday and added one can of cream of potato soup and deleted one can of cream of chicken for a thicker texture. Used 1/3 cup of Frank's hot sauce ~ Buffalo Wings flavored, instead of the original, and threw in some diced green onions as well. It turned out real good.