Busting a Plateau

CoachCher

Ahh the dreaded Plateau. As frustrating as it may be, there is help to Bust that Plateau. This is the plan that Dr. Fox gives to his RNY and AGB patients in order to get through a plateau in weight loss.

#1 Do for 10 days to break plateau

#2 Drink 2 quarts of water a day

#3 You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamin & mineral supplements each day.

#4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day:

a.. beef,

b.. pork,

c.. chicken,

d.. turkey,

e.. lamb,

f.. fish,

g.. eggs,

h.. low-fat cheese,

i.. cottage cheese,

j.. plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),

k.. peanut butter,

l.. beans/legumes.

#5 You may also have:

a.. sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles),

b.. tea or coffee,

c.. sugar-free sodas,

d.. sugar-free Jell-O,

e.. broths & bouillons,

f.. Crystal Lite drinks.

#6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

#7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily.

My health educator (sounds so "offical"...LOL) said I need to eat 6 times a day. I'm not supposed to eat anything that doesn't fly or swim. So only white meat and no red. I need to drink plenty of water and do at least 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week. He also put me on a very strict meal plan eating 6 times a day. Check this out.

I will eat at...

7am Breakfast of protein (about 3 oz) and a carb (like 1/2 cup oatmeal, nothing on it...boring)

9:30 am Most likely a protein shake (110 cal)

12 pm Lunch of a protein (3 oz) and carb (like 1/4 of a baked potatoe with nothing on it) and a green veg

3pm Most likely another protein shake

5:30pm dinner of a protein (3 more huge oz...lol) and a green veg

8 pm snack....possibly a tsp of organic peanut butter or a cup of plain popcorn

Does it get any more exciting? :angry:

Truly...you have to cut out sugar. Which I truly believe when eaten correctly :blink: or is it incorrecly :o , can pass through any band. Does anyone like frosting? Goes down real easy. I know, I tried it the other day. Ever clean off a knife when you are cutting the cake? Whip cream/cool whip...a dream. What is it about sugar? I just don't get it. It truly is an enemy.

I hope this 12 week program works. I know my band might be a bit tight, but I'm willing to try this and see how it goes for now.