Almost 3 months post opt

I have lost almost 30 pounds that I would still own without the band. YIPEE

Wow, I need a little pick me up..... My scales are not moving at all right now. I lose and gain the same 3 pounds over & over. I really thought that I would have lost 40 pounds by now. So while I am so happy with my band, I am little disappointed.

Sometimes I can eat anything other times I am really tight and 1 bite really hurts. I have my 2nd fill scheduled for saturday, but I am a little scared because today I was having miso soup & sushi. My first bite of sushi stopped me in my tracks. It hurt so freaking bad. It really surprised me. I had to drink a little hot tea for the pain to subside. I feel so guilty about that. It is was almost a reflex to the pain.

I have not pb'd since being banded. I think it is due to ice chips & drinking a warm fluid if I think I getting trouble. I could barely eat tonight which was wonderful. I was happy. Just a couple of bites of turkey breast totally filled me up & I was satisfied. I wish it was like that all the time. It seems like it either hurts like crap or no restriction all. And sometimes I am a bottomless pit....

I am so,so much healthier today than 3 months ago. I started running last week for the 1st time in my life. It feels great. I just really can not believe that I can run. I know my body is shrinking even though the scales aren't where I think they should be. I work out religiously 4 times a week and try to get the 5th day in. And I working with a strength trainer & a cardio trainer.

I am trying to do a low carb week or 2 to kick start things again. I never been to good at diets. I was really hoping that I could just depend on the band & not get so hungry. But the band has rules too........ So I am working through this.

I will be so,so happy to get just 1 ounce below 200 pounds........

Thanks for listening to my rant!!!!

You are a rock star! I'm so happy for your success! Yes, the band is definitely a fickle mistress for sure! I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks but for sure I'm messing with the same couple of pounds over and over. I've started exercising so we'll see what that brings. I don't want to just rely on fills. I like having a little wiggle room.

Jann

I have lost almost 30 pounds that I would still own without the band. YIPEE

Wow, I need a little pick me up..... My scales are not moving at all right now. I lose and gain the same 3 pounds over & over. I really thought that I would have lost 40 pounds by now. So while I am so happy with my band, I am little disappointed.

Sometimes I can eat anything other times I am really tight and 1 bite really hurts. I have my 2nd fill scheduled for saturday, but I am a little scared because today I was having miso soup & sushi. My first bite of sushi stopped me in my tracks. It hurt so freaking bad. It really surprised me. I had to drink a little hot tea for the pain to subside. I feel so guilty about that. It is was almost a reflex to the pain.

I have not pb'd since being banded. I think it is due to ice chips & drinking a warm fluid if I think I getting trouble. I could barely eat tonight which was wonderful. I was happy. Just a couple of bites of turkey breast totally filled me up & I was satisfied. I wish it was like that all the time. It seems like it either hurts like crap or no restriction all. And sometimes I am a bottomless pit....

I am so,so much healthier today than 3 months ago. I started running last week for the 1st time in my life. It feels great. I just really can not believe that I can run. I know my body is shrinking even though the scales aren't where I think they should be. I work out religiously 4 times a week and try to get the 5th day in. And I working with a strength trainer & a cardio trainer.

I am trying to do a low carb week or 2 to kick start things again. I never been to good at diets. I was really hoping that I could just depend on the band & not get so hungry. But the band has rules too........ So I am working through this.

I will be so,so happy to get just 1 ounce below 200 pounds........

Thanks for listening to my rant!!!!

Oh my goodness you and I are in the exact same boat! I got banded on 07/01/08; unfortunately, I wasn't able to get filled until last week so I went over 3 months without a fill which really was bad. I have lost 21 lbs since being banded (I need to update my ticker). I find myself getting discouraged because I know 13 of that came off the first 2 weeks. However, when in your life have you lost more than 30 lbs in 3 months? Me? Never! I have been tracking my weight loss since I started this journey a year ago last week. My biggest weight loss month, pre-banding, was in April of this year - I lost 6 lbs. I too workout 5 days a week doing a combination of cardio and strength training. Also, I can see a difference in my body and clothes, but the weight just isn't coming off. Last week, when I got filled, my dr. required me to go back on the liquids for 6 days afterward. Boy, that helped break the plateau. I lost 3 pounds this week and I am thrilled! I had a personal goal of being under 200 by Christmas and now it seems I may be able. I am currently 212 lbs.

Anyway, don't be discouraged - be proud and strong. Remember, we are in this for the marathon, not the sprint. We are doing this for the rest of our lives, not just an outfit or a party. I have to remind myself of that daily because I too find myself obsessing about the numbers. I think that is the little diet 'devil' trying to trick us into not following the plan.

You are doing great! Keep up the great work and we can cross that 200 lb mark together! :)

Wow, you girls are doing great!

And remember, we aren't on a race; we're on a journey to a healthier life. Sometimes it’s fast, sometimes slow - as long as we continue on our journey and we’re improving our lives - it doesn't really matter. I can promise you it will happen, unless you totally fall apart and don’t use your band. And I’m going to be honest, I’ve known some who have failed – but they own their own failure since they weren’t focused on the future. You're doing great!

Best,

Lisa

One quick note – sushi is really hard for us and our bands.

WOO HOO!!!! Running?? That is great!! I know you are discouraged on your weight loss BUT RUNNING?? That's a non scale accomplishment!!! (is that what they are called?) I am going to be your cheerleader here. :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Pat yourself on the back and increase your running distance. Put your focus on the positives ie: increase your run distance weekly; and you will break through that negative feeling you have towards the scale not moving. You can do it!!!

It is easy to get discouraged when the scale doesn't tell us what we think it should. I can't wait to read your post when you get under 200. Once you get under 200 your physical appearance begins to dramatically improve with every 5 lbs. That will give you the motivation to work even harder. Every pound is a victory, and you my dear are definitely winning the war. Keep it up!!!!