Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009

After Wii Fit: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009

EDISON, N.J., June 12, 2008 - Shed the extra weight while having fun! Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, is partnering with celebrity fitness trainer Jillian Michaels, the strength trainer and life coach on the popular television series "The Biggest Loser," and Interactive Game Group to deliver the first Wii™ game that combines a celebrity fitness trainer and the motion-based Wii system and Wii Balance Board™ accessory--Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009. Integrating a tiered fitness regimen, expert advice and exercise techniques from the charismatic Jillian Michaels, the game delivers a focused workout that will help players reach their own personal fitness goals.

"Wii and the Wii Balance Board have added a credible and effective new option for players looking to get in shape in a fun and entertaining way," said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer, Majesco. "Jillian Michaels' expertise in the fitness world coupled with the innovative Wii Balance Board lets us deliver a compelling game that will change the way America approaches home fitness."

"As a huge gamer myself with younger siblings and godchildren, I recognize the importance of staying current with how people digest their media and information," said Jillian Michaels. "I truly think this type of product will be instrumental in revolutionizing the fitness industry and will help combat the childhood obesity epidemic in this country today. I couldn't be more excited about partnering with Interactive Game Group and Majesco to bring a family-oriented fitness video game to the market."

Frederic Chesnais, founder of Interactive Game Group (I2G), added, "This project is exactly why I created I2G--to bring talented people together and facilitate the creation and distribution of highly-innovative interactive entertainment."

In Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 players become new recruits in Jillian's boot camp where they enroll in a unique training program composed of challenging fitness tests and an ever-changing series of workouts. Players choose their workout from four types--Weight Loss, Strength Training, Intervals and Hill Climb--and set the intensity to light, medium or hard for a duration between 10 and 60 minutes. By completing exciting Wii Remote and Wii Balance Board motion-based challenges that range from crossing monkeybars to climbing ladders and rowing, players can also unlock lifestyle and fitness video tips from Jillian. Players can even track their progress based on calories burned and workout intensity. In addition, a Competitive Party Mode lets two players race against each other through entertaining individual challenges or through the entire Physical Training course to earn the winning time.

Just went and ordered it on the Walmart.com they dont have them in the stores right now, but they are in stock and you order on line and they ship it free to the store. So mine is on the way should recieve it by friday. :D

Just went and ordered it on the Walmart.com they dont have them in the stores right now, but they are in stock and you order on line and they ship it free to the store. So mine is on the way should recieve it by friday. :D

Wow! You guys move quickly Stateside! I tried to order it here but nadda. It's not even on the radar yet. I'll keep watching for it. It's all good!

Jann

Hey Julie, Just ordered mine as well on Amazon, free shipping.

can't wait to try it.

Thanks Jan for the info

Just ordered mine through Amazon.com.

Thanks Jann for the scoop on this. I had no idea about it but I love her and I love my WII FIT so I can't wait to use it.

Awesome Julie! I just left Walmart, nadda, nor have they heard of it. I also checked amazon.ca and again, nadda. We Canadians are so slow! hehehe

Jann

Very interesting! I just purchased the Wii Fit and need to get it hooked up. Now I'll be searching for this as well. Thanks for the heads-up!

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I just finished my first Jillian workout and I wanted to share my observations:

• It's quirky. The instructions are not specific enough for me and it takes a bit to figure out what you need to do to perform a task.
  • On the log jump I was doing deep fast squats. As it turned out I didn't need to do that. Just a squat and a quick force downward with both handhelds worked.
  • The step in the tires exercise was a gong show. I haven't figured it out obviously as my avatar did not move to not even one tire yet somehow I got an excellent from Jillian.
  • Running is all in the arms, as long as my arms were pumping my bar was lit full green. You can't run on the balance board so it's just a mimic movement side to side.
  • I really liked the balance on the log exercise, it's harder than it looks. hehe
  • The kickboxing component was erratic. At one point all I did was bounce from foot to foot for two plus minutes because it only gave me one command to kick!

Having said that I burned 400 calories in a 30 minute set and I did work up a really decent sweat so it does do it's job. It's early days and I'm sure I will master it in time.

Also, I could be wrong, and I would check with the store if you are buying it, but I'm getting the impression the Wii Fit balance board is optional.

Jann

I just read the review of the Jillian Michaels Fitness ultimatum 2009 on Amazon and they were horrible! I was looking forward to buying this for myself, but now I think I will wait and see if anything better comes out

Well, for 30 plus bucks I still think it was worth it even with it's flaws. Like I said, I worked up a pretty good sweat and burned 400 calories according to the software's calculation in 30 minutes.

The Wii interactive technology is new and I think it's going to take some time for developers to get it right.

Just my two cents.

Jann