Banded October 20th

rhc66

Hey, I was banded on October 20th and everything went well except I had some issues with the anesthesia. Other than that, I'm doing fine and trying to rid myself of the gas pains. This day 4 on clear liquids and I am starving. It appears I can't drink enough liquids to keep me full. Any suggestions? Can't wait until I can have yogurt smoothie and soups.

Hey, I was banded on October 20th and everything went well except I had some issues with the anesthesia. Other than that, I'm doing fine and trying to rid myself of the gas pains. This day 4 on clear liquids and I am starving. It appears I can't drink enough liquids to keep me full. Any suggestions? Can't wait until I can have yogurt smoothie and soups.

This will pass. Try some Celenium.

Jann

I was banded on Oct 10 so I soooo know what you're going through. Keep your eyes on the prize and stay strong. It does seem like some sort of horrible torture chamber, but it will be over soon. Take a walk, see a movie, do anything you can to take your mind off of the situation.

Also, have you tried taking the Metamucil (sp?) as described in your white folder? It does help!!

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need a pep talk or just an ear to talk and vent. I was banded with a great group of people and several of us keep in daily email contact to help each other through.

Email Dr. Miranda if you are having a hard time. I was having a hard time and she told me to start yogurt on day 4. This might make it easier for you. Hang in there!

Did you have some problems coming out? Or were you still groggy? I had an issue where I was awake, but I wasn't all there, and I had to be reminded to breathe after I came out. My blood O2 was down around 90% for a while...and probably lower for a time, (the alarm went off in my room).

I've found that I can eat more broth now and that'll fill me up for a bit, but OtterPops are helping too.

Hang in there, just a day or two to go and you can start on creamy soups and you will feel full...be sure to drink your broth, water, etc. as much as you need, as many times a day as you require...popcicles are great too!!

Feel better...you are not alone, we've all been there!!! You can do this!!

Did you have some problems coming out? Or were you still groggy? I had an issue where I was awake, but I wasn't all there, and I had to be reminded to breathe after I came out. My blood O2 was down around 90% for a while...and probably lower for a time, (the alarm went off in my room).

I've found that I can eat more broth now and that'll fill me up for a bit, but OtterPops are helping too.

No, I was not groggy. I was very nauseous and constantly throwing up.

Looks like you should be off clear liquids by now, so I hope you survived! B)

Question for you all - today is my last day of clear liquids. To make it through the next two weeks alive, I really need to mix up my food as much as possible. Here is what I bought - please tell me if I can't do any of these and if you have suggestions for anything else (can we have applesauce, mashed taters, jello pudding, etc...?) PLEASE let me know so I don't lose my mind! :huh:

My food list:

Creamy soups - cheddar, cream of whatever I could find, tomato, etc...

Drinkable yougurt

Protein shakes

All the stuff I could have on liquids - kellogs k20 water, jello, etc...

On the creamy soups, i've noticed some of them such as cream of broccoli have teeny tiny little chunks in them - is that OK? Seems like a lot of the creamy soups do and i'm paranoid. Every time I cough or sneeze i'm afraid i've broken something so i'm really on edge!

Thanks!!

Shelby, were you banded at OCC? You've listed the right items for the creamy soup stage. A rule of thumb is if you can drink the soups thru the straw AS IS, they you can have it. There is NO blending of foods - whatsover. I've lived on protein shakes, drinkable yogurts, and creamed soups for the 2 weeks. With the soups that have a tiny bits of bulk is ok...just chew on them first...this is good practice also before you start eating solid foods and then when we get our first fill...you've gotten good eating habits. NO applesauce, mashed potatoes. Yes on pudding.

FYI ~ Today is my first day on solid foods! YIPPEE!

Thanks so much Jude! Yea on solids I'm so jealous! But i'm hoping my time on phase 2 will go by fast. Now that i'm back at work the days go by much faster so i'm sure it will. I really appreciate the feedback on my list. I worry about making sure I mix it up b/c by yesterday I couldn't even smell broth or i'd start to gag, so I just had to suffer on drinkable yogurt and jello. Let's just say it feels like my stomach is eating itself right now! :o

I've already been thinking about my first meal. I know I shouldn't it just makes me more hungry but I can't help it. Eat slow and enjoy every bite! Funny, most of the stuff i've been thinking about though isn't really junk food. It's been more healthy foods. I keep thinking about fat free refried beans and chicken with taco seasoning on it. Wierd, but true!

Have a great night!

How ya doing today Shelby?

Your list was great. Remember you can also have frozen treats like fudgesicles or even an ice cream bar or shake. I love weight watchers Mocha frozen bars, creamy and delicious for only 100 calories. Yes if you have an ice cream shake it may help you get through this phase. Some may disagree but this time is not about counting calories. I am not saying to have one everyday either but again it may help as a treat. I also love the Haagen Daz raspberry vanilla sorbet frozen bars, also 100 calories. Skinny cow makes good fudgesicles.

Thanks so much Jude! Yea on solids I'm so jealous! But i'm hoping my time on phase 2 will go by fast. Now that i'm back at work the days go by much faster so i'm sure it will. I really appreciate the feedback on my list. I worry about making sure I mix it up b/c by yesterday I couldn't even smell broth or i'd start to gag, so I just had to suffer on drinkable yogurt and jello. Let's just say it feels like my stomach is eating itself right now! :o

I've already been thinking about my first meal. I know I shouldn't it just makes me more hungry but I can't help it. Eat slow and enjoy every bite! Funny, most of the stuff i've been thinking about though isn't really junk food. It's been more healthy foods. I keep thinking about fat free refried beans and chicken with taco seasoning on it. Wierd, but true!

Have a great night!

I was banded at OCC and Dr. Miranda told me no jello.

Doing great thanks! I had tomato soup for lunch and I had to heat it up twice b/c it took me so long to eat. I think it was gas, but I kept feeling a tightness in my chest and I couldn't eat very much so I like that! I had to work a really long day yesterday though and I think I pushed myself way too far. So I am taking it easy tonight and lounging on the couch.

Thanks so much for the ice cream idea! I have some weight watchers ice cream bars in the fridge and I might have to try one. I thought about going and getting a cup of vanilla ice cream but i'm waiting on that until i'm really going nuts and need it. I'm staying pretty motivated b/c the scale is going down really fast, but I know once I go on solids that will change so i'm not banking on that happening all the time. But i'm sure loving it right now!!! :D

How ya doing today Shelby?

Your list was great. Remember you can also have frozen treats like fudgesicles or even an ice cream bar or shake. I love weight watchers Mocha frozen bars, creamy and delicious for only 100 calories. Yes if you have an ice cream shake it may help you get through this phase. Some may disagree but this time is not about counting calories. I am not saying to have one everyday either but again it may help as a treat. I also love the Haagen Daz raspberry vanilla sorbet frozen bars, also 100 calories. Skinny cow makes good fudgesicles.