Got my second fill today

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been a little discouraged lately. I have been weighing 202 -207.... very frustrating... but I am feeling better today & felt like posting. I got a second fill. I started out with 1.8 cc and today left with 2.8 cc. she said it was a big fill..... I am a little scared & excited. I am scared of pb'ing & pain. But I am so,so excited that my weight loss should pick up again.

My fill appointment was very informative and I want to pass what I learned on to the newbies.....

My fill doctor uses fluro and on the the first fill she did fill me to point that barium slowly trickled through the band. I had great restriction for 2 -3 weeks. Since, it has been strictly will power. She did my 2nd fill exactly the same. I had the nerve to actually watch it on the xray screen today. Very cool.

My fill doctor has been trained by Dr. Ortiz and has done fill for over 3 years. Based on her experience, the first fill last about 2 weeks or a month. The 2nd fill lasts about 2 months. And the 3rd fill lasts up to 6 weeks.

Well, that's my little tidbit for the day....

Amy

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been a little discouraged lately. I have been weighing 202 -207.... very frustrating... but I am feeling better today & felt like posting. I got a second fill. I started out with 1.8 cc and today left with 2.8 cc. she said it was a big fill..... I am a little scared & excited. I am scared of pb'ing & pain. But I am so,so excited that my weight loss should pick up again.

My fill appointment was very informative and I want to pass what I learned on to the newbies.....

My fill doctor uses fluro and on the the first fill she did fill me to point that barium slowly trickled through the band. I had great restriction for 2 -3 weeks. Since, it has been strictly will power. She did my 2nd fill exactly the same. I had the nerve to actually watch it on the xray screen today. Very cool.

My fill doctor has been trained by Dr. Ortiz and has done fill for over 3 years. Based on her experience, the first fill last about 2 weeks or a month. The 2nd fill lasts about 2 months. And the 3rd fill lasts up to 6 weeks.

Amy

Thanks for that really good fill info! I've gone twice. I think I have 1.5 or 1.8 cc. I can't remember which. Whatever it is it's flexible enough for me. I've gotten pretty good with the "assisted" willpower thing. Just heal your stomach and go easy with your first meal so you know what your boundary is and you'll be fine! Let us know how you're doing!

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi everyone,

Amy

Thank you so much for that great tidbit of information Amy! I will schedule my second fill for three weeks past my first, this has been considerably helpful