Acid Reflex

Has anyone experienced heart burn or acid reflex? I've been banded since 3/06 and did not have this problem till 1 month ago. I was feeling tight chest pains during the day and taking Tums. Semi worked. Then I started haveing problems in the middle of the night with choking and gagging an awful siliva. I began to worry and called my regular Dr. He was supprised about my lapband which was interesting to him and I shared with him my procedure in TJ. Well he put me on Protonix an acid reflex medication to see if this would help me. Well I'm almost over my 30 day trial and this last week I'm experiencing my gagging again even after taking my medication in the mornings daily. I am worried about having problems with my band, can any one help me figure this out. Next week I will see my Dr. to follow up on my trial med. I hope he does not have to refer me else where. Huhhhhh HELP SYLVIA :lol:

Just so you know, my doctor informed me that after taking the meds, if the problem was still there he was going to send me to check and make sure I dont have an ulcer! I have been on meds for 3 weeks now and yeah as soon as I eat something high in acid I am in pain again. So I go back in a week or so, will be sure to keep you updated! Please do the same for me.. Incase my doctor is incorrect!

:o OH MY! I began experiencing the exact same symptoms approximately 2 weeks ago. I was banded on 02/01/06. Since then I have lost 115 lbs. Here lately I am having trouble eating anything and my reflux is so bad at night until I get up several times a night to throw up. Please let me know what your doctor has recommended.

Has anyone experienced heart burn or acid reflex? I've been banded since 3/06 and did not have this problem till 1 month ago. I was feeling tight chest pains during the day and taking Tums. Semi worked. Then I started haveing problems in the middle of the night with choking and gagging an awful siliva. I began to worry and called my regular Dr. He was supprised about my lapband which was interesting to him and I shared with him my procedure in TJ. Well he put me on Protonix an acid reflex medication to see if this would help me. Well I'm almost over my 30 day trial and this last week I'm experiencing my gagging again even after taking my medication in the mornings daily. I am worried about having problems with my band, can any one help me figure this out. Next week I will see my Dr. to follow up on my trial med. I hope he does not have to refer me else where. Huhhhhh HELP SYLVIA :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Friend

I was banded Dec 2005. It happened in June, I was eating some pizza, ate too fast and too much, then experience horrible chest pain...food got stuck....finally I threw it up, then experience heart that night that kept me up at night, then in August, I was eating some chicken too close to bedtime, again, ate too much and went to bed, then it felt like it was stuck, finally, I went to the bathroom and thru up violently, it tasted awful and it was black liquid. I was very scared, I went back on liquids to try to heal. I was taking tums and that really didn't help. After about 6 weeks of this, I called Dr Martinez in TJ, he said that it wasn't coming from my stomach but that it was coming from the pouch and that I needed to come see him for a De-fill, which I did and have since compleley improved, my esophagus has healed. I am going back to TJ to get another fill

Just so you know, my doctor informed me that after taking the meds, if the problem was still there he was going to send me to check and make sure I dont have an ulcer! I have been on meds for 3 weeks now and yeah as soon as I eat something high in acid I am in pain again. So I go back in a week or so, will be sure to keep you updated! Please do the same for me.. Incase my doctor is incorrect!

Hello

Are you still on meds? I had a de-fill a month ago and my esophagus has healed and I am going to go back to TJ and have another fill and am worried about the Acid reflux coming back. Dr Martinez says the acid reflux was a result of the band too tight and I was throwing up everyday.

Hi everyone,

I went to my local Dr. and he put me on Protonix and it has helped. I also had an ultrasound for Gallbladder and will be having surgery 11/2/06. This might be the solution. Also, I called my band Dr. in TJ and he told me to do only liquids for 5 days to see if this would help. I will try after surgery if need be. I will keep you posted on my adventure. My local Dr. stated that after a rapid weight loss our gallbladder tends to kick in. My symtoms were a slight sore pain under my right ribs and goes thru the back straight across. Like if you were just sore from working to hard. At times I get a tired shoulder pain under my blade, some minor constipation (gallbladder symtoms). If any one experiences this please check with you Dr. even just for a peace of mind. Thanks for listening! Friend

• 2 weeks later...