Just dropping in to say hi

Haven't been around lately guys...been super depressed and down as I found out that I need to have a knee replacement and am super P-O'd that I had my last knee surgery when it was a complete failure. But, I think of you guys often and am so proud of all of you! I will try to drop in more often to check up on everyone...just kind of living in my own personal funk right now. :((

Take care guys!!!

Hey there...been wondering where you were! I know it stinks, but at least this will finally get your knee where it needs to be which i'm sure will also help with weight loss and exercise. Keep poking your head in - everyone here can help and if anything provide some comic relief! :)

Take care!!

Hang in there Vix. At least you posted!!! That's huge to admit you are depressed. I have been there also.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are there for you...

Just think that once you get your knee healthy how much better you will be!

Keep checking it girl!!

:-h

Tara

I've missed you Vix. Thank you for checking back in. Although I havn't had to have a knee replacement myself I have had some other major surgeries that have really set me back. I know how you feel. My dad has had both knees replaced, 1 at a time and I have stayed with him for a few weeks to care for him during his healing time and PT. It is a tough road as you know but it will make it so much better. You are a strong woman with what you have already been through and you will make it through this too. I have posted this little saying before but in case you missed it I want to send it to you especially, here goes....

"Surely as cometh the winter I know there are spring violets under the snow."

Focus on those violets Vix and soon it will be spring!!!

Please check in more often if you can and give us some progress notes. Have you scheduled your surgery yet?

Haven't been around lately guys...been super depressed and down as I found out that I need to have a knee replacement and am super P-O'd that I had my last knee surgery when it was a complete failure. But, I think of you guys often and am so proud of all of you! I will try to drop in more often to check up on everyone...just kind of living in my own personal funk right now. :((

Take care guys!!!

I wondered what happened with you, Vix. Glad to see you stop in and say hello! Let us know what we can do to help you break your funk.

Hugs!

Jann

Thanks so much everyone! You have no idea how much I appreciate your comments!

I think what is getting to me the most is the lack of being able to exercise and my weight is completely at a standstill. But, it hasn't gone up at all and I have my next fill next week, so I guess I should be happy about both of those things. I guess I'm just becoming aware how much less I will need to take in to lose when I am not doing much but sitting around.

Some other good news is that I went to another doc today and he told me I was too young for a knee replacement and that he would do everything he could to help me not have to have one. He gave me an injection of Synvisc today and this is like a slippery gel stuff that they inject into the joints. I have to have one for the next 2 weeks and then it should help. But, I already feel a difference and it really has helped my spirit. I think that hurting all the time and not being able to get around just puts a person in a huge funk. It was literally like greasing a squeaky hinge...it immediately made a difference. So, for now I am just looking at each day at a time...;)

There are so many new people here since I've been around...(new to me anyway) and so many of you look just wonderful. I'm so proud of everyone...it's so inspiring to see ya'all doing so well! ;)

I think what is getting to me the most is the lack of being able to exercise and my weight is completely at a standstill. But, it hasn't gone up at all and I have my next fill next week, so I guess I should be happy about both of those things. I guess I'm just becoming aware how much less I will need to take in to lose when I am not doing much but sitting around.

Some other good news is that I went to another doc today and he told me I was too young for a knee replacement and that he would do everything he could to help me not have to have one. He gave me an injection of Synvisc today and this is like a slippery gel stuff that they inject into the joints. I have to have one for the next 2 weeks and then it should help. But, I already feel a difference and it really has helped my spirit. I think that hurting all the time and not being able to get around just puts a person in a huge funk. It was literally like greasing a squeaky hinge...it immediately made a difference. So, for now I am just looking at each day at a time...;)

There are so many new people here since I've been around...(new to me anyway) and so many of you look just wonderful. I'm so proud of everyone...it's so inspiring to see ya'all doing so well! ;)

I am SO glad you got another opinion! Did the shot hurt? The doctor wants me to get them too but I wouldn't let them. Too chicken!

Hi Vix! Glad you popped in. Sorry to hear of your knee! I too am having knee problems and I know it's all due to the weight. I am trying to suck it up till I've been banded and at least get to the 150's to do something about it.

Can you exercise without doing the lower body? As in, get some 3-5lb weights, sit on a chair and lift them? Anything?

Anyways, good luck and keep in touch with us.

I feel your pain. This is why I am getting the band. I need knee replacement and I am too young and the Dr. said he would not do it anyway because my weight would make it too high risk. I also had those injections in September and they did not provide much relief for me. I also have spinal stenosis and need spinal surgery and would not be able to go through the rehab with these swollen painful knees so I am really in a fix. I feel for you because I know how discouraging it is to be unable to move without pain or do the things you want to do or get any exercise. I wish you the best with the injections. They really help about 70% of people.

So glad to hear you may have a solution rather than surgery. How brave of you to get the shot. I think the few seconds that it takes to give the shot is nothing when you think of being able to walk without pain, or at least a reduced amount. I hope this works for you.

Mona as a labor nurse I cringe when people don't get an epidural because they are afraid of the needle. In the long run it is far less painful than hours of labor pains!! I've NEVER had a patient say they wish they hadn't gotten it after all is said and done. If it is recommended get your mind in the right place and give it a chance. The shot only is a matter of maybe 10 seconds compared to your life so buck up, it may be worth it!!