Fight back with Excercise

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I had to share this as I have been in a bit of hopelessness over an "interim" manager stuck in our group at work and my mothers probate, I forced myself to go for a walk yesterday and felt much better.

Fight Back With Exercise

When your day takes a turn for the worse, it might not always be clear how to remedy it. Luckily, healthy eating and regular exercise can go a long way toward making you feel at least feel a little bit better. Just by getting moving, you can alleviate stress, and the exercise will help you look and feel your best.

So if it's one of those days when NOTHING is going right, think about the healthy lifestyle you're leading right now and how much it's benefiting you in the long run. On the Message Boards, one teammate recently described how she feels so much better when she makes time for her health and fights those negative feelings with a positive outlook:

"I am always full of energy and ideas in the morning. I use that to plan my day, put it on my calendar especially including time to take a 'string cheese break', the 'apple break'. At lunch, I'll walk to Safeway to get a baked chicken breast for lunch. In the afternoon when I'm out of gas mentally and physically, I'll take a coffee break and use my exercise band at work. I don't care what people think when they see me doing wall push-ups or a few lunges or squats behind my chair, although I often go into my boss's office and shut the door! This works quite well because I keep her booked in all day meetings!

Tonight I play tennis. What I've rediscovered is how much better I feel after getting in some aerobic exercise. Every week I whine a bit about how tired I am and why did I make this commitment. Yet, 10 minutes into playing, I feel so much better! Moving discharges all the bad stress chemicals and attitude and fatigue from a hard day at work. I now actually expect that result so I am now actually seeking out MORE exercise as the antidote I need. Chips and numbing out in front of the TV don't do it for me anymore like moving the body.

Once I get a taste (no pun intended) of the way my body feels after eating better, the reward of how good it feels to start losing some pounds, and the lovely relaxed fatigue from exercising, I want more of it and it's easier to structure my life around that instead of 'work'!

Everybody, do a little something today, be kind to yourself and expect something good to happen." - deweyswak

Cara,

EXCELLENT post...I needed this right nowt! You are so right about 'moving' yourself. I had an issue today and I handled it by walking away from it to have some 'air time' and walked around for about 5 minutes. When I returned, not only did I get rid of the issue, but I felt good! I had a much clearer mind and had gone forward with what I was doing.

I am printing this for my binder as well. Job Well Done ~ thanks for sharing!

This is great and sooo true! I am such an emotional eater and so when life gets stressful the first thing I turn to is food. I need to use exercise as an alternative. Great post! With this new change in my life, i'm also trying to find ways to de-stress my life as much as I can. For those things I cannot change, I just need to come to grips with that and find ways to deal.

Thanks for this post!