2nd fill

Hi Everyone!!

So I have to say I am SO,SO happy today. It is 4 days since my 2nd fill. The restriction is awesome. I finally get it!!! I can not wait to see the 190's.... So I have some laundry to air about the restriction, but I would not trade the restriction for anything... i just wanted to share my experience and maybe get some feedback!!!

I am clogged from both ends.... yuk. I have been drinking Aloe Vera gel cause I saw it recommended on here. I guess it takes time. Plus I am taking 2-3 correctol tablets a day. I started the papaya enzymes yesterday. They do seem to help with the digestion & unclogging the band. I just need a few (20) good poops... (sorry for the TMI). I just feel very swollen, bloated & whiny. My clothes are huge everywhere except my tummy. I have heard that if you take too much laxative that your body will start to depend on them. I am a little scared about that happening to me. I feel like I am starting to depend on smooth move tea & correctol to get things moving. I do not look forward to that time of the month because I am sure it will make these feelings a thousand times worse.

Drinking during meals.... no longer an issue. It hurts like hell to take one drink with food in my pouch. I think I did it 3 different times. So I am probably not the smartest person in the world. But I am done with that kind of intense pain. The pain of drinking with great restriction is not joke... I did not think I could walk, talk or breathe. It really scared me.

Food intake very small..... This is kind of hard too, but I can deal with this since I know pain comes with overeating. I was eating lunch at a work function today with a group of co-workers. I was so, so careful. I just sat & sat while everyone ate. Then I would take a little bite. The food was really good & I really wanted to just dig in and eat it all. I was so proud of myself for not getting into band trouble, listening to my band & staying in control. Very rewarding.... I hope the scales think so too.

Blood pressure dropping........ It is already going down again. Very strange how this happens all of sudden for me. It was 101/63 this morning and last night. So I will get to reduce my meds again. YIPEE!!!

Scared to take medication.... right after my fill, I took 2 Tylenol gel caps and got a painful surprise of 2 stuck pills. It was a mindless, stupid thing to do. I just popped them and swallowed & immediately gasped. I could actually feel exactly where they were. This was more painful than drinking with meals. So now, I am so scared to take my medications 2 x a day. It takes 30 minutes to an hour to take them each time. I am cutting them up very tiny, but not crushing. Very time consuming. This is what I really hate most. It would be so much easier if I did not have medications to take. I now drink sugar-free hot chocolate after taking them to help melt the medicines. This does seem to help. I guess the next step will be to crush them... not looking forwarding to that either. I did that for 2 weeks after surgery. YUK.....

BUT..... I STILL LOVE MY BAND!!!!

I am going to post some before and after pictures once I get below 200.

Amy

Yvette,

Thanks for the advice.... I will try prune juice. I have heard it works wonders, but just forgot.... I was doing so good with benefiber, but I felt like it was clogging me up too.... so I quit. I will try it again.

Did you recommend the Aloe Vera Gel? Do you still like it & why?

Amy

Hi Amy...glad to see you are doing well.

For my issue regarding BM. I had a hard time and started on Benefiber right away, as Julie suggested to me. It has no flavor but mixes very well in water, soups, and other drinks. This has saved me and I am close to 3 weeks out from surgery, and it is working like a charm. I don't do the full quota to be used, because I don't want the chance of 'overloading'.

I also tried and still do, use the new Chewable Fiber Choice tablets. There's two kind - the one I am using is the Weight Management in strawberry flavor and I take one at 10 am and one at 3pm. This has helped too. Again, I don't use this every day...just like every 3 days, to keep things going.

Apple juice would help but in moderation, otherwise you will get the runs! THAT is not a good thing either!

Hope this helps!

I was in the hospital 1 week after the band because of the same problem and it gave me hemorids(spelling). Well after that surgery the doctor told me to use benefiber. I take it every morning and problem solved. Havent missed a potty session since :rolleyes:

I was the one who did the post on Aloe vera gel. I was reccomended to me at a health food place. I bought it. I tried it. I hated it!!!!I never took it long enough to let it work. It made me gag. I called up the lady who helped me. Ya know...one of those health nuts who know everything about the body. She told me the get was the most pure form, but I could also take it in a pill. I have not gone to buy it yet. Congrats to you if you can drink the gel. YUCK!!!!!!