This growl in my tummy

Hi Everyone..

Well, I literaly just got back from San Diego about an hour ago. It sure feels good to be home. I was banded 2 days ago, and all has gone well. A little soreness, but I just can't get the hunger pains to go away. Are we able to have jello? I thought I had read that somewhere. Thanks for the input.. so excited now that its done!

jamie

Hey Jamie,

Congrats on getting it done - step 2 is done!! (Step one is the pre op diet) Now you're on step 3, the liquid faze and banster hell as its lovingly known as.

Find your paperwork and go through it - things do change - I couldn't have jello at first - just liquids and my broth helped to keep the hunger pains at bay.

Good luck, this is pretty hard but you’ll make it!

Lisa

I too was able to have jello in the beginning stage. It was pretty much clear broth, jello, popsicles and vitamin water! YUMMO! But, the main thing is to heal at this point! Welcome to Bandland!

Denise

Thank you your replies.. Bless my sweet fiance', not only has he put up with my cranky butt flying home today, but he just came home with strained soup (broth only) from the chinese restaurant, popsicles, and vit water. Oh bless him!!!! LOL I'm feeling better, now that I've got something in my stomach... yipee!!!

Thank you your replies.. Bless my sweet fiance', not only has he put up with my cranky butt flying home today, but he just came home with strained soup (broth only) from the chinese restaurant, popsicles, and vit water. Oh bless him!!!! LOL I'm feeling better, now that I've got something in my stomach... yipee!!!

Good for you! You know, during this stage you can have as much liquid as you want. No limit so if you are hungry, then drink more. And good luck! You can get through this!

Hi Everyone..

Well, I literaly just got back from San Diego about an hour ago. It sure feels good to be home. I was banded 2 days ago, and all has gone well. A little soreness, but I just can't get the hunger pains to go away. Are we able to have jello? I thought I had read that somewhere. Thanks for the input.. so excited now that its done!

jamie

First of all :lb10: on this wonderful new life you have begun.

Secondly I believe jello is a clear liquid. As a nurse that is what we are taught. I know the OCC has fluctuated on their viewpoint if all should have it. I think some folks may have had trouble with it for some reason and perhaps now they say now jello. Check your paperwork as other said. Glad you got a nice "meal" though. As Mona said you can have as much liquid as you desire so when your get the growls just drink up. Special K protein water helped me alot.

Jaime - WELCOME TO BANDLAND! You've made a good decision...

I was banded 3 weeks ago and can tell you that going thru the first 21 days is a rascal. BUT, during thie time, I was letting my body heal PROGRESSIVELY. It's a good thing to remember this. Start off slowly and then get into the routine of eating healthier foods that counts. Accoutability is the key here. The band is a tool for us to choose wisely.

To answer your question about jello, yes you can have it. I acutally added more water to make it more liquidfied and easy to 'drink' it. I also use, and still do, Benefiber in my drinks to help the 'rotor rooter' going. The soup stage is good to and a good rule of thumb to remember is if you can't drink it NATURALLY through a straw, then you cannot have it. NO blending of foods either. On the soup stage, I also use the chewable Fiber Choice to help too.

Listen to your body. Take this time, while you are healing and progressing each stage foods, to focus on your weight goal. Set mini, reachable, goals for you. I've a binder for myself to print out "inportant" issue for ME. I also have a daily journal to write what I have eaten/drink, my feelings, and my goals to reach. You will do just fine and anytime you get stuck, come on this forum and read the posts or ask questions. We are all here for each other!

Sorry to babble on but I BELIEVE in this band and the support of THIS forum. I've so many new friends who is helping me reach my goal!