how long do you wait before eatting after drinking

This has also been a big problem for me I drink alot of water and I have a really hard time not drinking when I eat. I am trying really hard, but what I need to know is how long after drinking do you wait before eatting? I try to wait 10 to 15 min, but I don't know if that is long enough and I know your not supposed to drink for 1hr after you eat. Are there any real health risks to drinking earlier than that or is it just self defeating?

I was told 20 minutes. Water goes through pretty fast, so you don't have to wait nearly as long before as after. If you do 15 you're probably fine unless you drank a whole lot right before eating.

This has also been a big problem for me I drink alot of water and I have a really hard time not drinking when I eat. I am trying really hard, but what I need to know is how long after drinking do you wait before eatting? I try to wait 10 to 15 min, but I don't know if that is long enough and I know your not supposed to drink for 1hr after you eat. Are there any real health risks to drinking earlier than that or is it just self defeating?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually wait around 10 minutes after drinking water to eat. And around 20-30 minutes after I eat.. A handy tip I learnt from the dietition was that. If you find food is getting stuck.. Try a sip of coke-a-cola, I have found sometimes it actually pushes the food down, a bonus because not vomitting. I then of course realise that Im full and push the meal aside. However sometimes if its stuck good and proper the coke-a-cola will actually cause you to vomit, which your probably going to do anyway.

Hayley